Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had HCG injections during 2ww for progesterone support?

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
yup!  Look no further than your ole mate Nix for anything weird tx wise!

Whassup hon?
xxx

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
i didn't have them during 2ww but when i was 6 weeks pregnant i became allergic to cyclogest so had some then instead of the cyclogest to support the pregnancy.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just trying to find out at what rate they leave the body!

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Hi
I had a jab on my last D IUI and posted lots of questions myself - though everyone is different the "average" rate apparantly is 1000 per day that it leaves your system. At least it is a guide. If you search I think I headed my question up with the title pregnyl  - there was quite a lot of information on here about it.
Hope it helps a bit
Tiny xx

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Tiny, trying to see when testing would be ok.  ^police^ ^police^

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Well.... I had the jab on the Sunday and did a test the next Sunday - would have been too early for accurate result but as it was negative seemed to show, and people on here agreed, that the pregnyl had gone - so for me a week cleared it. Then I knew I would have confidence in the HPT - not that in the end I needed it unfortunately.
Good luck
Tiny xxx

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you x

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
oh its supposed to be 1000 units per day i think.  I had 10,000 though and mine was gone by 8 days coz i tested BFN on day 6 after ET so i knew trigger was gone before i did my sneakt test on day 8 and got BFP! It all dpends on how quick your particular body metabolises it basically it can be anywhere from around 6-14 days but i think most people are closer to the 10+ which is why clinics always say wait til day 14 before testing (but we naughty girls don't like to do we  ^police^).  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, you're right we don;t like waiting, I had a 10,000 trigger shot and then three 2,000 during 2ww as support.  Should be gone by tomorrow I would think. 

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
no bloody wonder it made no difference in my cycle then, I only had 2 extra shots of 750 each!  Good luck with testing BG honey!

xxx

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Nix x x

Did you have HCG during your last 2ww? or this cycle?

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Hi Beachgirl - I had Pregnyl during my tww with Amy :) The clinic wouldn't even consider accepting a BFP until my test day as they said it could take longer to get out of your system (even though I tested very early ang continued to get +ves - oops!)

Try not to test early and step away from the pee sticks!!! Good luck hun!

Deb

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Deb

Just so hard isn't it.  When did you test?  Was it 14 days after EC?

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
During the 2ww last time hon.

It was 750ui on day 3 and day 5 past tfr.  And I got a bfp, however briefly... and I'm 100% sure it can't have been from the jabs cos the amounts were so small. 

Although this time he did give me hcg during stimms which seems to have improved the number of follies, even if he did quite obviously trigger me too early...

xxx

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
My test date was 14 days after transfer - the clinic wouldn't accept anything before then.
I never tested to see if the pregnyl was out of my system (i.e. never got a -ve) but at 4.30am I was in so much pain from bloating and gas that I was sure something was going on. Peed 'just in case' and low and behold it was a +ve. That was 14 days after EC and 10 days after my last injection of pregnyl. The line just got darker over the w/e until my 'proper' test day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts