Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

i am aware that the preganl shot that i had would produce a false positive on a preg test

so this morning i wanted to carry out a test for my own research purposes

i wanted to see what a positive looked like!as i have never seen one!

i am 2dp2dt and i had 10,000 pregnal, so it should stay in system for around 10 days

so this morning i used a internet cheapie test a 10miu one and it came up negative, shouldnt it really have shown positive? i did the trigger injection on mon 12th may.

any ideas?

thanks

em x

·
Registered
402 Posts
I think it should have - but don't panic - blame the test not your body - I'm sure that everyhting is fine. I have hd some trouble with cheapy internet tests.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Hon.

I stocked up on the sensitve ebay ones for my last cycle and have to say I found them to be pants - 2 days post a 5000u trigger shot they only just showed positive and then it took a while. I ended up binning loads of them - I honestly dont think they can measure at 10 effectively.

I wouldnt worry about it and remember that the trigger shot leaves our bodies at different rates so a week may have been long enough for it to leave your system.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
we all metabolise it at different rates.  I tested to check trigger was gone at day 6 past my transfer and mine was all gone but others still have it there much later.  Maybe you have a high metabolism?  Dont let it worry you  ^hugme^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts