Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I have posted this on ask a nurse, but was wondering if anyone on this board had experienced something similiar and if so, can possibly help me or tell me there story. 

Earlier this week when i thought I was about 6.3 days pregnant I went for an early scan.  All that could be seen was a sac and the doctor told me that either
* the pregnancy was earlier than thought and therefore couldnt see anything
* a failing pregnancy
* an ectopic pregnancy

I went and did HCG tests and progesterone tests which came back at 6120 (HCG) and Progesterone at 112.
My doctor told me this was a good sign for a viable pregnancy.
Abut 36 hours later i repeated the tests and the HCG came back at over 7000 and progesterone around 125.
My doctor has said he would have hoped for a greater rise in the hcg levels more around 9000-10000.  He has now said that there is still a possibility of an ectopic.  I have not experienced any pain at all or any bleeding...(and am lookng out for sharp stabbing pains, shoulder pain or bleeding which i havnt experienced at all)
I know that at the level of 6000 the levels take 94 hours and more to double.
I have spoken to my acupunturist who deals with fertility issues and he feels that my  HCG levels are well within the range and that they wouldnt go up that much. 
At the moment i am experiencing tender breasts, and much bigger, frequent urination, heartburn, constipation etc .... is this just because of the hcg levels?????
I really dont know how to feel - prepare myself for the worst (I have a scan on wednesday - which seems like a long time to wait) or actually feel that it could be okay.
If anyone has had a similiar experience with HCG levels etc I would be so grateful, i am feeling in turmoil at the moment.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
I'm sending you hugs - I've been there (twice) - on both occassions they could see nothing at all but my hcg levels suggested a 7 week pregnancy - the second time is probably more relevant as they decided to treat me as an ectopic when nothing could be seen conclusively and my hcg levels were still rising - I was treated with drugs (which didn't work - their first failure at the hospital) and had a laparoscopy at 11000 which still found nothing... ^bigbad^

However, while I was having my scans (every 48 hours) the staff were really positive and kept hoping that something would turn up - they explained that sometimes the pregnancy can just seem to appear from nowhere!

Please visit www.ectopic.org - there are some forums there and they are really helpful - there are some good news stories too from women who have had a similar experience with early scans.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI and thank you so much for you IM and messages - went for scan today - good news not an ectopic - and even better a HEARTBEAT and something wriggling at 6.5mm......
what a relief, burst out crying as was expecting the worse .... the hospital have agreed to scan me again in two weeks time .......
^reiki^

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
oh safarigirl, that's GREAT news, you must be so pleased.  Did you have an ultrasound or transvaginal out of interest???

Congrats again, so pleased for you  ^hugme^

Niki x

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they where going to do the one on my tummy, but i had emptied my bladder and therefore too hard  to see so had the vaginal one!!!!! 
If you are having a scan ask which one they are giving you, you have an empty bladder for vaginal and a full for the other

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.