Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am 28... just undergoing my first IVF cycle at the ARGC... i had my transfer done exactly 11 days ago and went to the clinic yesterday for my PT bloods...  throughout my cycle i have been this entirely cool headed person not trying to think much of it at all... ^idiot^ the only problem being that ever since extraction i havent been keeping too well.. (all mild symptoms of OHSS never leaving me like severe bloating, breathlessness and backpain)

I have always had some sort of pain in my ovaries and strecthing ever since transfer...

Yesterday - However, yesterday after going to the clinic for my test and getting a positive result i was happy... and then it slowly started sinking in... my hcg levels came in at 177 which were supposed to be very good....

Today - However since this morning i didnt have many symptoms at all, no stretching etc and suddenly feared something was wrong and started crying... and when i went in for the bloods today the hcg came in only at 224... when ideally it should have been more around the 300 mark... is this normal...  :'( i am soooooo depressed now... and dont know what to do or how to distract myself... i thought i was very strong... when i started but i fail to see how to cope with this... has anyone else had the same situation and has everything been all right for them?  :'(

they are saying i might need IVIG..i have already had a dose of IVIG... and this would be my second one
also on dexamethasone, aspirin, 60 mg of clexane, gestone, glucophage...  :eek: all

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Hi Lashy - congratulations on your  ^BFP^
Your levels should double every 48 - 72 hours so I wouldn't worry about the level of 224 in only 24 hours!  I expect that you will be back for another test on Friday so please try not worry. I'm sure you'll get a nice no doubt about it rise on Friday!
Stay positive.
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awwww thank you so much zen and she-hulk i didnt expect 3 replies so soon... kept refreshing the page...  ;D

ive been calculating like mad ^idiot^ ever since i got the call... just wondered that if 177 was first level it should be atleast 350 by tomorrow... and its only 224 today and the nurse too said that it should have ideally been slightly more so got  :'(

hope it all goes well... ^pray^

congo to you too she-hulk and all the best zen for your PT... Mr T wants to keep a close watch on me so he has called me back for bloods tomorrow... maybe immune issues...
will keep you updated  :)

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Lashy - please don't let this link send you ^idiot^ - but I used this a lot to understand my levels - it's a calculator where you can put in the date and time of your levels, and it will calculate your doubling time....

http://www.betabase.info/doublingCalc.php

Good luck - but everything sounds fine xxxxx

/links

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
oh bless you I found the testing after BFP so stress full the girls are right its only ment to double ever y 48-72 hours as long as they are going up your fine I wish you lots of luck and hope you have a healthy 8 months a head of you

my levels were 207 on day 10 and i have 2 little poppets (in the day time) and at nite i have 2 little devils so its like having quads ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Good luck today Lashy - you're in good hands. 
I forgot to say that I had my 2nd dose of IVIG last Friday as my levels did not go up as much as they were expecting and it did the trick.

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flower99 said:
Lashy - please don't let this link send you ^idiot^ - but I used this a lot to understand my levels - it's a calculator where you can put in the date and time of your levels, and it will calculate your doubling time....

http://www.betabase.info/doublingCalc.php

Good luck - but everything sounds fine xxxxx
awwwww i tried it out and my doubling time came up as 67.7 hours... so i was slightly worried yesterday but then i hope that time period reduces... thank you so much for that flower :)

nico67 said:
oh bless you I found the testing after BFP so stress full the girls are right its only ment to double ever y 48-72 hours as long as they are going up your fine I wish you lots of luck and hope you have a healthy 8 months a head of you

my levels were 207 on day 10 and i have 2 little poppets (in the day time) and at nite i have 2 little devils so its like having quads ;D ;D ;D ;D
nico ;D awww thank you
btw i had a doubt ... by day 10 did you mean day 10 after the embryo transfer? :)

and she-hulk thank you sooooooooooooo much for your last post... ^hugme^ thats really made me feel better.. now im waiting for Mr.T to ask me to come for an IVIg too.. but i wouldnt know till the weekend... btw have you had your scan yet or it must be soon wouldnt it... all the best to you tooooooo... ill update this topic as soon as i get the call today with my results (if its fine with the mods for me to do it... :))

and i just realised today that i am actually 4.5 weeks pregnant... not 3 days pregnant...kept repeating to the nurses that i was 2 days and 3 days over the phone/face till they corrected me.. :-[ didnt realise one calculated from the LMP... :-[

btw has any of you ever had any twinging pulling sensation just behind the belly button... i seem to have that all the time...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as promised, my update... i got my Hcg levels and they are at 318... so its a rise... :) though ideally should have been more.. :-\ they have called me back on saturday for bloods and still waiting for NK report...

any idea what is the relationship between NK and prog or hcg...  ???

·
Registered
8,375 Posts

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
well done lashy  yes i had my ET on the 4th of june last year and today 5th of june i was having IVIG , good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
she-hulk said:
Hi Lashy, you're levels are in the high range for a singleton according to this calculator (I put your first level of 177 in at 15DPO and today's 48 hours later).

http://babymed.com/tools/Pregnancy/hCG/Default.aspx
awwww thank you so much she...that was very sweet of you to calculate for me... yes... i entered the readings and found out that my levels are so far all right :)
you must have been so chuffed to see a heartbeat in that scan... am waiting for that day too.. :)
and i still havent heard from the immune test results or any mention of IVIg yet...so dont know what they have in store for me :eek:

nico67 said:
well done lashy yes i had my ET on the 4th of june last year and today 5th of june i was having IVIG , good luck and keep us posted
thanx nico... yes.. i received a call today and currently stand at 587 19dpo... :) how is it with your quads at home...

btw is it all right for me to open a separate thread like this for me to update or should i be using one of th existing threads here.. :-[

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
I would say to keep updating this post if you want lashy, unless you want to join in the chat and gossip on one of the other threads

·
Registered
231 Posts
Lashy

Congratulations on your  ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ and do keep updating us on you exciting journey ahead

Maxie

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you so much girls

latest update

day 21 BHcg level is 1353  ^pray^

but my progesterone has fallen and so Mr. T himself is reviewing my file and they are going to give me a call tomorrow to act on it...

any idea what a slight fall in prog levels could mean? what are the implications and what is generally done to rectify it...  ^idiot^

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
hey - my progesterone went down too - if they were worried they wouldn't wait until tomorrow so just relax. my hcg was a strong single 166 on testing day!!

YAY relax

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Hello Lashy, progesterone levels fluctuate - if your's had fallen drastically you would have been prescribed either more Cyclogest or Gestone to take today. Mine has been up and down for the past couple of weeks too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fran (Eva04) said:
hey - my progesterone went down too - if they were worried they wouldn't wait until tomorrow so just relax. my hcg was a strong single 166 on testing day!!

YAY relax
wow thank you so much for the wishes and congo on your baby... though its only a year late... ;D

she-hulk said:
Hello Lashy, progesterone levels fluctuate - if your's had fallen drastically you would have been prescribed either more Cyclogest or Gestone to take today. Mine has been up and down for the past couple of weeks too.
awww hope your's goes well up... how are your Hcg levels now? and thanks so much for the re-assurance... :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
managed to investigate on my prog levels...  4 days back my prog levels were 1019 nmol (sorry not entirely sure about the units, but i know that this level is very high since Mr. T himself said so it seems) but 2 days back my levels were 856 nmol... :eek: (which is apparently still over the expected, but has dropped) and funnily they didnt ask me to have a prog test done today only a BHcg today... 

anyway i am taking gestone everyday... does anyone know or remember their prog levels at this stage? i am 5.2 weeks...how i wish levels never fell... only rise...rise...rise... ::)

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Hiya

You have really good progesterone levels.  I can understand your worry that your levels have dropped but it certainly sounds like Mr T is keeping a close eye on you.  My progesterone level on test day was 91, which then dropped at it's lowest to about 69 at 5 weeks.  At the time I was having treatment Mr T liked to see progesterone levels of 100 or above.  I had my gestone upped to 150mg a day, so two injections, plus 3 cyclogest a day.  After a week or so my levels were over 500 and I was able to drop the cyclogest, but had to stay on 2 gestone jabs a day until 12 weeks.  It was a scary time, but all worked out fine in the end.

Good luck
Nikki
x

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Treacle said:
Hiya

You have really good progesterone levels. I can understand your worry that your levels have dropped but it certainly sounds like Mr T is keeping a close eye on you. My progesterone level on test day was 91, which then dropped at it's lowest to about 69 at 5 weeks. At the time I was having treatment Mr T liked to see progesterone levels of 100 or above. I had my gestone upped to 150mg a day, so two injections, plus 3 cyclogest a day. After a week or so my levels were over 500 and I was able to drop the cyclogest, but had to stay on 2 gestone jabs a day until 12 weeks. It was a scary time, but all worked out fine in the end.

Good luck
Nikki
2 gestones + 3 cyclogests...my God.... :eek: i'd go mad..... cyclogest upsets my tummy like anything and gestone is painful... but yes my levels came back today at similar levels.. so hope they stay there.. thank you so much for the re-assurance... ^hugme^

1 - 20 of 21 Posts