Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Ruth,

Well they thought at the hospital last week I had a m/c (only 5+2 weeks pg) cos my HCG levels halfed from thurs to Friday. Had bleeding and cramping too. couldnt see much on any kind of scan either.
Had another BT on Mon to make sure levels still declining. Got phone call yest saying the levels have gone back up  :eek:  they didnt say by how much and said werent sure whats going on ?!
Had more bt today and having TVS 2moro, but have u ever heard of this happening ?  Is it poss an ectopic still ??

Thanks.  Jo x

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to add,

Had u/s scan and TVS and still can't see anything anywhere !?
Still waiting for yest BT results too.

Asked what HCG levels were. Was 600 on thurs, 295 fri, and 900 on Monday ?!!  So dont know what is happening ?!  ???

Thanks.  Jo x

PS Just rang with BT results from yest. Still going up (over 1000)  :eek:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Morning Jo

What a turmoil for you.  Sorry can't help on the fluctuating hcg vut just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you

Take care

Lolly X

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Jo
Sorry to hear that you're having what I know is a stressful time. I had a very similar experience after ICSI#1, although your HCG levels are higher than mine were. My level was first measured at 5 weeks at 295 (i.e. low, but might have been higher earlier as no prior blood test. I had already bled a bit before then). HCG went down to 50 over the next 2 weeks but then went back up again, slowly (i.e. not doubling every 48 hours as they do in a normal pregnancy), to 181. Like you they told me it might be ectopic, but also like you they couldn't see anything on scans (I had 3 I think!). It was pretty stressful for about 3 weeks as I was worried about ectopic, so I hope you're not having too bad a time ^hugme^. I had to cancel a holiday as they didn't want me flying/in foreign country given the still very very small chance (given nothing on scans and no pain) of ectopic. For me, the levels peaked at 181 then went down again. I had another bleed after they got below 50 and the clinic signed me off as OK (no longer pg or at risk) - at 9 weeks :eek: - when it got down below 30. In the end my clinic called my experience a "biochemical" pregancy - I don't think it was a very typical one though!

I have seen posts elsewhere on Ask A Nurse where girls have had oddly-behaving HCG and unfortunately ectopics have eventually been detected. In my case they were pretty certain early on that it was unlikely to be ectopic (I think this was because they couldn't see anything and I didn't have prune-juice bleeding or side pain or shoulder pain, all of which are apparently indicative of ectopic). I would place trust in your clinic to sort out the risk of ectopic.

Lots of hugs to you. Let us know how you're doing. I took some comfort in the fact that I had got pg, I don't know if that was sensible but it helped me a bit. I also felt lucky to be able to go to work ok although it has to be said my concentration was a bit shot due to stress!

Lots of love
Jen :-*

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

I just thought I would update you - Jen you were right, it turned out it was an ectopic as well as a m/c - it was twins. I was rushed in to hosp on fri pm and had a lap to remove tube and baby, sadly  :( It was all a massive shock  :eek: and im still trying to get over it - they only let me out yest of hospital. Apparantley it is v rare to loose both babies esp one as a m/c and one ectopic (called heterotpic). Seems the right tube pushed one egg into the right place but other one got stuck in left tube. I have had surgery to that tube tho, so must have been damaged  :(

I am absoloutely terrified of trying again, but prob will in a few months. Loosing two seems even worse and sad  :(

Well, on the old PK's now.  Thanks.  Jo x

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Oh Jo - I am so sorry. You really have been through it haven't you. What a terrible thing to have to go through - I am so sorry that they didn't make it....  :'(
I am so pleased that you are ok though - it must've been awful to be rushed in and you must've been so scared. How are you at the moment. Will IM you...just wanted to say that I have wondered if you were ok - and although you have had truly awful news - I am pleased to see you back here love!
Eva xx

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
oh God Jo, I am so very very sorry.

how truly awful.  I don't know what to say. You must be feeling terrible at the moment.  It will be a massive shock to you, you have been through so much.  Don't rush yourself.  ^hugme^

lots of love and hugs xxx

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Jo

I am so so sorry, i cant imagine how you are feeling now.  You have been through so much, please take care of yourself.  ^hugme^

·
Registered
55 Posts
So sorry to read this Jo,

You have had a terrible time, take it easy and let your body recover physically as well as mentally.

Hope to see you on your feet again soon

Louise xx

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THANKS SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND MESSAGES :)

I have actually got dressed today, first time since Fri ! Feel a little better and brighter, but I know it will take time and I know its been easier cos ive been sort of 'hiding' away here at home. Its the talking to people etc when I get tearful that is difficult.

Thanks. Jo x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.