Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
May I join this board I got a BFP yesterday-3 tests.  :eek: :eek: I have a doctors appt next tues and a scan on 19th Sept when I could be as much as 8 weeks!!! I cannot believe this is happening to me as I did a test a few weeks ago and it was BFN.  I have sore boobs and am tired, no sickness yet, I am weeing a lot  and I am tired.  I have read on here that lots of girls get their bloods done for HCG levels I have not been offered this and now my over active imagination is running riot imagining that I am not feeling sick because my little prawn is not surviving.  I was blissfully unaware before yesterday and did not sleep a wink last night.  Is anyone else this paranoid and worried??  God knows what I will be like the night before my scan a week and a half seems like a lifetime!  Does anyone else have their scan that day???
Strawbs xxx

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi Strawbs,

Many congratulations on your BFP.

Your symptoms all sound pretty normal. Not everyone is sick or sick right away (I've been very well throughout, which will hopefully continue). If you're really worried then why not ask your doctor / clinic if they can do a test, otherwise its going to be a long few weeks.

As for worrying I'd get used to it it will be a permanent state of affairs from now on. I'm always finding something new to fret about and think its just part of being a mum.

lol

Edna

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
HI Strawbs,
I think HCG tests are only done if they thing there could be a problem with the pregnancy (e.g. ectopic) dates on scan dont match etc and want to do another type of check.  to be honest i had hcg tests done as there was a possibility it was an ectopic or pregnancy earlier than i thought - and it made me worry much more!!!!!!!  I would just wait for the scan as i'm sure all will be o.k - sometimes all these early tests and scans cause more worry than they are worth!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.