Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
dont know if anyone can help but went for blood test today after et tested on day 12 hosp rang and said even though it showed a positive my hcg level was to low for a proper pregnancy and ive got to go back on wed for another blood test but that they dont hold out much hope
                  Debbie

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Debbie

Sounds like you have been through the mill a bit you poor thing. 

Sorry to ask questions but I am a bit confused- :-\ did you say you got the positive result today?  SOmetimes the levels can be low at the start and then they increase.  Have you done a home pt?  It might be worth it just to see if you get a positive with that?  What tx were you on, as I know some fertility drugs can cause false positives but others (eg clomid) cannot. 

I have everything crossed for you that this is a real positive.

Sending lots of ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^your way

Kitty

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi sorry to hear your news, dont know whether I should tell you this as I dont want to sound negative, but it might be totally different for you - hopefully it will be.

My 2nd IVF - the day of my blood test, I started some slight bleeding, which to me said it was over.  The clinic phoned to say the test was Positive!  I was thrilled, but short lived as they said it was low HCG of  25, and the fact I was bleeding they said it looked as tho it was a early misc on the way.  Thrilled and Gutted in one second I can tell you.  I went for another test a week later and the HCG had gone down.  The HPT was negative too.  So thats my story of low HCGs. 

Hope it works out for you , fingers crossed. Nx ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi Debbie,  We also had the same problems.  We had our blood test 12 days after et.  We were told our hcg levels were 40 and we had to re-test in 2 days.  We were told this was ok but the levels should double every 48 hours.  Our next test came back 98 so we went away happy.  Everything was going ok but unfortunately at our 9 week scan the heartbeat could not be found.  We spoke with the main consultant who said that this was probably on the cards due to our low count at the beginning.  However he did say that some women go on and have perfect pregnancies.  When we pushed him to tell us what levels they would like to see 12 days post et he said about 80 - 100.  I wish someone would have been more honest earlier on.

Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you,

Lisa

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi lisa,nicola & kitty
thanks for words of support im not getting my hopes up at all,will let you all know how i get on if everything fails will have one last go probably febuary.
                Debbie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts