Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,

Well i've been having hcg (2000iu) every other day for 4 days since ET, which was last sunday. Last 2000 hcg was on sat at 5pm.
I know testing now would be false but i have a theory........

I have just done 1 test & it shows a faint positive ( & i mean faint), now i know this is false but surely if i was PG the line would be darker as i'd have natural HCG & the remainder of the trigger????

I figured that testing again on weds will show me another true read......either gone completely so test day (friday) will be a true reading or the line will just get darker from now on suggesting i could get a BFP.

Do you girls think that the faint line today would have been darker if i was PG? ^idiot^

Only reason i'm doing all this is that i just know its failed & its somehow easier to cope seeing it this way.

xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

The line wouldn't necessarily have been darker at this stage if you were to be pg plus the HCG injection because it's still very early days in terms of implantation of embie and only once implantation is well underway and a good amount of HCG released will the hpt detect it.

Pregnyl/Ovitrelle can stay in your system for up to 14 days but as you've had a much lower dose of 2000 IU then this should be eliminated from your body much quicker.....but we all have varying metabolisms so our body excrete the HCG trigger injection at varying rates.

When is your official test day ?  Personally I wouldn't test again until then as then as the results are far more likely to be accurate at that point.  However, if you really have to test, the only way is to keep testing until you get a -ve result.....and then any +ve result after that should be genuine......but to be honest, it's best not to try and second guess whether it's HCG from injection and/or implanted embie as no way of knowing....and doesn't always mean line will be darker as we're all different, embies implant and varying times, our HCG levels vary so much etc etc.

I do understand what it's like because I've had 2 shots of HCG injection during 2ww (250mcg/6500iu of Ovitrelle) at 3dpt and 8dpt and it just adds to confusion and anxiety when test and not sure of genuine or injection (and I was testing on official day of 14dpt)....as it turned out mine was genuine BFP but chemical pregnancy...and the +ve's were faint hpts and also low levels of HCG on 2 blood tests.

If you can, try to hold off testing until Friday as way way to early at this stage anyway....embies implant approx 5-12dpo in natural conception and you need to take into account how old embies are when put back with treatment but gives you a rough idea of implantation timing.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Natasha,

Thanks for your reply.

I had 5 day blasts in last sunday at 8.30am. So implantation should have happened within 24hrs from then. Making today 1 week ish after implantation.

Official test day is friday. I just thought with the HCG on sat & if i was PG then i wouldve got a darker line today rather than a hardly there one  ^idiot^ i'm gonna test each day now to see if it goes then comes back.

xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi again

Implantation happens from around 24hours after embies reached blastocyst stage...so when they're about 6 days old.....but this doesn't mean implantation will have definitely happened and be complete at that point. Embies are ready to start implanting from about 6 days old.....but some may be late implanters take up to 12 days old to fully have implanted....in which case only then will a good level of HCG hormone be released and hpt be able to detect.

If you had day 5 embies put back last Sunday then you're 8dp5dt today....and embies would be 13 days old....so if late implanters, it's still quite early and may still not be enough HCG hormone.....and with the HCG injection as well, if last one was only Saturday and you'd been having regularly, every other day, then you need to take this into account as well.

Obviously it's entirely up to you if you want to keep testing until test day.....I'm not one for testing early....don't see the point in unnecessary confusion and anxiety....and waste of money on hpts as well (but that's my opinion !).

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your info Natasha  :-*

I'm usually never ever ever an early tester but this cycle has been the hardest to date. I just hope they were late implanters & that friday i get a different result. ALthough with may track record its not looking good  :(

Once again thanks for the info you certainly know your stuff  :-*

xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update Minxy..........

HCG still showing in my wee wee  ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ do you think this could still be a good sign?  I have had 4 x HCG jabs starting from ET. They were everyother other day & only 2000iu, last one was Sat.........

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeee let it be  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Wonder what tomorrow's pee stick says  ;D  ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ xx

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update again.....

I still have HCG in my wee  ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ i'm using a test that detects as low at 10iu. Any thoughts?  Sorry for being a pain x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi there

It's looking promising !!!  Have you used a reliable hpt like Clearblue to see what that says ?  Are you having HCG blood test tomorrow ?

Keeping fingers crossed but it's looking good !

Take care
Natasha ^reiki^

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No  :-[ :-[ i ordered some sensitive tests off the internet. They look fine, all proper, official, individually wrapped etc?? Infact they look like test strips that the docs use  ^idiot^ The one i'll be using tomorrow is clear blue.  Lets see what that says in the morning  ;D

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Well I'm keeping everything crossed for you cos it looks good to me.... :)

^reiki^ ^reiki^

Good luck
Natasha

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
^goodluck^ for tomorrow *Vino* I've got everything crossed for you too.

Axxxx

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Vino, i just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to you. I always used sensitive tests off the internet and they were never wrong so fingers crossed you get a BFP on OTD.

Sam

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^  OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

I am pregnant!!!!  ;D ;D xx

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Vino, fantastic news  ;D ;D ;D You must be over the moon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts