Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy birthday Peter

I've just found out that I'm pregnant.
If you get a good positive test my clinic do not test HCG levels and the nurse said the 6 weeks scan (when a heartbeat is detected) is much more valuable information than HCG levels. At 6 weeks, if a heartbeat is detected and there's normal development of the embryo at that stage, does this mean therefore that my HCG levels are OK at that stage? or could there be a problem with HCG levels? I'm just concerned that it's not being monitored.

Thanks

Tina

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

tinat said:
Happy birthday Peter

I've just found out that I'm pregnant.

Congratulations!!!!! Don't forget to read my cord blood stem cells information.

If you get a good positive test my clinic do not test HCG levels and the nurse said the 6 weeks scan (when a heartbeat is detected) is much more valuable information than HCG levels.

This is correct

At 6 weeks, if a heartbeat is detected and there's normal development of the embryo at that stage, does this mean therefore that my HCG levels are OK at that stage? or could there be a problem with HCG levels? I'm just concerned that it's not being monitored.

This is not a concern. It is standard practice to do a day 15 pregnancy test followed by a week 6 scan. You will be taking some sort of progesterone which will support the pregnancy. Try to relax and not to worry too much, there is no reason to suspect any problems from waht you have said.

Regards,

Peter

Thanks

Tina

1 - 2 of 2 Posts