Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am 14 weeks pregnant with twins, and have had little niggle headaches for a month or so, but the last 6 days have had a constant migraine type headache and it is really getting me down and sending me to my bed as it is so painful.

Has anyone got any ideas why I keep getting them and if there is anything you can do to keep them at bay?

Many thanks
Luv Lisa
xx

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Lisa,

This has something to do with extra blood volume I believe and the heart working faster to pump more around the body. Massaging the temples is supposed to help as is a cooling flannel (or migraine pack). I use 4Head too for headaches and it is quite effective. Failing that as I understand it paracetamol is fine to take in pregnancy.

Hope this helps.

Mookie
xxx

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mookie, I will try the cold flannel treatment.

Lisa
xx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lisa,

There is another product called Kool 'n' soothe, which are gel strips you can put on your forehead.  They might help a little (the advantage over a flannel is that you can still walk around and the last for up to 6 hours, but they are quite expensive).

Jem

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
headaches are also very hormonal and due to your twins you will have more hormones than the average pregnant woman so this may be the cause, should get better in the next few weeks,

CONGRATULATIONS,

Tikki. xx

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Hi Lisa,

I really feel for you as I suffered badly with headaches in the first few months of pg.  Felt like a constant hangover.. not very nice.  I found paracetamol, 4head, etc didn't even touch them.  I did try those migraine patches which kind of gave some relief but not really.  Sorry, not sounding very positive am I.. just wanted to tell you that you're not the only one really.  I know when I was suffering nobody I spoke to seemed to have heard of it before so I felt like a bit of a freak and started to wonder if something was wrong.  Doc did say it was the hormones though. 

Hope they ease up for you soon..  it'll all be worth it in the end.
Petlamb x

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your replies ladies xx

Petlamb I know how you felt I have had a terrible pregnancy so far have been constantly sick for the first 3 months, even ended up in hospital with Hyperdirim gravidum (spelling)? and am still weaning myself off the anti-sickness drugs they gave me and know am suffering with headaches, I have 3 friends pregnant at the moment and none of them have had a single bad sympton, I'm sure they must all think I am such a baby!!!  ;D ;D

I see you haven't got long left, how are you feeling? Good luck with the birth xx

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Hi,

I know what you mean.. I'm definitely not one to have sailed through pregnancy effortlessly.. I've been the symptom queen!  Nothing serious though and as you say, not long to go now.  You've really suffered haven't you what with the sickness too.. my best friend also had that and ended up in hospital for 4 days so I know it isn't nice. 

I hope your headaches ease up soon and that you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Love,
Petlamb xx

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hmm, me too, asked obstetrician about it and they are very common in 2nd
Tri, but should pass as you get to the 3rd tri.

Was told to take paracetamol, and make sure I took on lots of fluid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.