Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone
I don't know if anyone else has had this but if its quite hot like it has been today and I'm busy i tend to get a headache should i be concerned or or do you think its nothing to worry about just hormones??
love shallot

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi Shallot

I'm getting some headaches too, and often wake up with one. I think they might be linked to dehydration for me and so I am trying to drink as much fluid as poss. Don't know if this is the same for you, but as it's hot today, it may well be?

Px

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've had a headache most of the day, but think mine is a combination of hormones and anxiety as i also have really sore shoulders/neck.  Normally i would take a Syndol for this type of headache which sorts it out straight away and helps me sleep but can't as it has codeine, muscle relaxant and caffeine as well as paracetomol (that's why it's so bloody good!!).  Haven't taken anything else for it, have you?
Kirstie

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hiya,

I had this really badly on Thursday last week - spoke to the Pharmacist who advised using 4Head (not the strips), rest and plenty of fluids. Headaches aer just one of those things I'm afraid!

Karen x

·
Registered
60 Posts
If it's any consolation, I had a vile headache on the day you wrote this.  Two things caused it, one my pillows were wrong and I cricked my neck a bit, two... I was more dehydrated than I realised.  In the end six pints of water put an end to it.

You will get a lot of headaches, I'm afraid, hormones add to that too.

Cheers

BC

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
If it's a hormonal/tension headache, try this - it's not hocus pocus, I promise!

What you need to do is squeeze the heel of your hand - the squishy part between your thumb and forefinger. Press the area quite hard between the thumb and forefinger of your other hand - this is the pressure point for a tension headache, and I've never known it to fail on anyone.

If it hurts your hand, then it's a tension headache and the headache will go. If it's not a tension headache, it doesn't hurt your hand and does nothing for the head pain.

Give it a bash!

I had headaches for the first trimester too - better than sickness, but still not nice!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi

I suffered with headaches for the 1st trimester which went on for days.  It could be dehydration so lots of fluid should help with that, if it's hormonal I was told the only thing I could take was paracetamol, I also use the 4head and a cold flannel seemed to help.

Hope this helps

x

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Another acupuncture type thing for headaches is to pull down/pinch hard on your ear lobes several times - it does work!

Jess xxx

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
I always get burning ears when i do that!  ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts