Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has had a health check for their LOs around 9 months? Is it something you get automatically or something u have to chase up yourself?

Thank You,
Tina xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Both mine had them and the HV contacted me to book it in. I would contact yours if you haven't heard anything.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
To be honest, mine with dd was a bit of a nonsense and not worth getting us all up and out for! I think some area's may leave them slightly later to be sure they can tick all the boxes, but at least you know you haven't been forgotten.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Bel had her at just 7 months!  its a 7-9 month check here and was a complete waste of time, they came to the house, Bel was in bed so they just asked me can she do this can she do that, I could have told them a pack of lies no actual check was done on bel no weight or anything.  Just before she left less than 5 mins after arriving looked from her door way to her alseep in the cot that was it.

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
We had ours at 8 months and I was sent a letter and asked to book an appointment at the local clinic where we went for antenatal classes and to get weighed.

It wasn't a particularly serious check, he didn't even have a proper hearing test which they're supposed to - the HV said the room we were in at the clinic was too loud!  He was weighed and measured though.  The rest was questions about whether he could hold a brick or something, can't remember but I do remember thinking I could answer anything really!

We got some bookstart books though.

I've just booked him in for his 2.5 year developmental check and then that's it til he starts school I believe.

Claire x

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Claire - J didn't even get his hearing checked at the 8/9 month check although he has had one since but only cos the paediatrician referred him. Here they phone you around the 2 year mark and ask if everything is ok and do you want a check, you don't automatically get one, then I don't know if it's standard everywhere, but they get an eye test when they turn 3.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Thanks chux - the HV told me she was supposed to do a hearing test but she wasn't going to!!  ;D

When I had Sadie they did a proper technical hearing test in hospital the day after she was born with some sort of equipment plugged into her ears (with M it was just clapping hands next to him) - and although she came out fine she's been referred for a proper one at 8 months because there's a family history with DP's other children having hearing problems. 
When my HV came for Sadie's 6 week check she offered to refer M for a test at the same time because of the history, for some reason he wasn't referred when he was a baby but Sadie has been  - but TBH there's not much point as he constantly says 'what's that noise mummy?' 'can you do the noise of a hoover/digger/washing machine mummy?' and I have to impersonate said items!!  ;D  So I'm pretty sure his hearing's fine!!  ;D

C x

(sorry a bit off topic!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts