Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks :)
I am due to begin my 2nd ICSI tx on 12 Jan. ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Unfortunately due to extremely Christmas, :) bad weather, :mad: loneliness :'(and bad PMS :mad: lately I have let myself go :( i.e I have overindulged in food especially chocolate and the odd wee tipple of Baileys.
I know I don't have much time to go ^pray^ ^pray^ but I would like some ideas to help me in a health kick between now and my next tx. ^reiki^ ^reiki^
DH and I are members of the local gym which has a pool so I do intend going back there as part of this health drive. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
All ideas, support etc greatly appreciated!!! ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^
Thanks in advance! ^reiki^ ^pray^

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey Briege,

I know how you feel - it's been fun but it has to stop! I would suggest going on a low GI plan between now and then - lots of beans, chickpeas etc that have a high protein value. It's not about ditching carbs or anything, just cutting our refined foods. I've been doing it for a couple of months and not only has it helped cut out bloating, it's reduced my pms symptoms and made AF a much more easier thing to have to endure (if it can be possible!). Noticing the difference is quick too and so that may help your PMA!

Good luck  :) :)

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Snowylion! :)
Thanks for advice! ^hugme^
Will google low GI plan to see what I can find!
Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hi Briege

Good luck for your tx, I too am in a similar situation before tx in March, at least there are a few of us in the same boat :)

I have found that eating cereal such as bran with organic milk for one meal, quorn with salad/half a plate of mixed vegetables (including broccoli!) for lunch and another similar meal for dinner has been great for losing any excess pounds and getting healthy with the five a day fruit and veg etc.  I have also found the Wii Fit very useful, however if you have gym membership that may be not be useful to you.  Of course this is my personal experience and I am no dietician, the doctors have been impressed though ;-)

Take care

Betsy xx

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Drink LOADS of water. I have been doing that since the start of our last cycle and the difference is incredible. This week aside, it's been a good one!, I've eaten more higher fat foods than I normally would (cheese, crisps and the like) and didn't put on a single pound which I can only put down to two litres of water a day. Your body does adapt to it reasonably quickly.

Giving up fizzy drinks, especially caffeinated ones or diet which have aspartame that isn't too good for you, is a good thing. Reduce caffeine. Increase milk intake. All good things. Also things that I must start doing soon before I slip back too far.

Good luck!

Cath x

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi again girls!
Thanks for tips. ^hugme^
I think psychologically speaking that putting in this post initially has been good for me ^reiki^ as I am now taking more stock of what I am putting into my system every day! :)
Was fairly good yesterday. Ate healthily all day except for a few chocolates (about 4) from bottom of tin. Love quorn so will have no problem there. Not keen on milk except on porridge for breakfast. Am big fan of yoghurt and those yoghurty drinks too. Love cheese but get massive migraines from it so I tend to go easy on it. Dont drink a lot of water (prefer diluted cordial) or fizzy drinks. Am partial to herbal tea. I always like a cup of green tea with my porridge and Sanatogen tab. Don't like coffee so caffeine isn't a massive issue for me. Love oranges and bananas but hate apples as they tend to give me wind. Love all veg. So fingers crossed I'll lose a few pounds and feel heaps better in myself before tx. ;)
Thanks again.
Sending you on loads of ^reiki^ and ^hugme^

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have just started my first ICSI cycle and i asked the nurse about what I can and cannot eat during down regging, she said to me drink when thirsty but there was no real need to drink huge quantities of water and she said cut down on caffine and alcohol but no need to completely exclude it.

I think its the same principle as in your normal diet, eat a well balanced diet with lots of healthy foods and a little of what yo fancy will do no harm.

I have to say I have increased my water intake and once i start stimming I will be doing the 2 litres of water, 1 of milk and all the brazil nuts  :)

x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.