Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:'( I have recently been diagnosed with SVT which is NOT hereditary and is safe to carry a pregnancy, but my ivf clinic wont speak to my cardiologist and my cardiologist wont fax over a letter stating i am safe to carry on with IVF, I have no one I can talk to that knows the pain of not being able to conceive and I am rapidly becoming more and more depressed, I think they are going to cancel my treatment, I don't know where else to turn, How do you cope with there never being any hope of a child???:'(

Kathryn

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aw sweetheart!  I am so sorry you are having such a rubbish time. 

I don't know much about SVT, so cannot really comment, but surely if it is safe for you to carry, then your cardiologist has an obligation to at least write a letter stating as such?  What was the reason they gave for their refusal?  Unless it was because they could not guarantee your health, then maybe you could write to your cardiologist's senior?

Please don't give up on the hope of having a child.  I am a firm believer in fate and if it is meant to happen, it will.

Sorry I can't be of any real help, but I am here if you need a shoulder.

Big hugs x

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, i really appreciate the reply, his reason for not doing the letter is because i have never actually seen him but one of his team so he thinks i could be an impostor, I have found 10 different medical journals that prove svt is fine within pregnancy and that its not hereditary but my clinic wont accept this as proof, I am due to start my injections on 31st dec, and the clinic closes Thurs so I have been ringing and ringing to get to see the cardiologist but they are not helpful at all, I just wish they could see that this is my life they are playing with, Its putting a strain on my marriage because I cry all the time and shout at him and he has done nothing but support me, I just don't want to give up but it may be out of my control which I really am struggling to cope with xx

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi there, This is so not fair they should be working together to help you at this time! Hope you can get this sorted in the next couple of days!!!! Big  ^hugme^ to you and your other half.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I assume you are no longer seeing his team (ie been discharged)? If so I would go to the GP and insist on a referral to see one of his team asap, and then get them to ask for the letter re your health for fertility/pregnancy reasons to take to your clinic xx

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just thought I would give you a quick update, Cardiologist is seeing me in the new year to sort out getting me this letter, I have moved my treatment over to Manchester Fertility Services who have adequate controlled conditions in which to help me and its a lot closer to me than going to london :), Its going to cost me quite a lot of money but i dont care, I will do anything to make it work this time, my previous clinic decided to wash their hands of me this morning and now I am only waiting for the anaethestist to give me the go ahead on the 27th dec and I can start all over again ( my partner is not happy he has to do his business in a cup again) but it has to be done as the old clinic wanted to charge me £610 for all my file :(
Fingers crossed for the 27th,

Thank you all for the support and reassuring words

Kathryn xx

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Kathyrn,

I would really challenge that £610 for a file, as far I know they can charge reasonable admin fee eg £50- but that is ridiculous,

I would ask round on here- lots of FF'ers have got their notes and I've never heard anything like that amount, I would threaten to go to the press with it as well,

Good luck

Livity K

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Kathryn, go back to them, what they are trying to charge is illegal

"
Fees to get a copy of health records If you want a copy of the health records, the fee will depend on how the records are stored:
  • on computer: maximum £10
  • partly on computer and partly in another form: maximum £50
  • totally in another form: maximum £50
The maximum charges include postage and packaging."

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/what-are-the-fees-for-accessing-medical-records(health-records).aspx

This applies to all hospitals/docvtors/dentists whether its NHS or not

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1309.aspx?categoryid=68&subcategoryid=160

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.