Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just thought i'd rejoin if that ok as i havn't been on here for about 2 years.  About to start ivf cycle end of this monthat Cardiff CARU and would really appreciate your support.  Briefish!! history below:-

I have PCOS and hubby ok.  We are both 31 and have been TTC for 10 years.
Treatments so far:-
Clomid x 6 cycles - no luck
IUI x 4 - 3 no go, 1 bio chemical but came to nothing
IVF x 3 - no go
IVF No 4 starting Feb 2005 - fingers crossed
i am also taking metformin to try and help PCOS

Sorry it is so long winded but thats about the last 8 years in a nutshell.

I am trying to be positive with this one and can only hope that the outcome is a good one as it is hard to know how many times you can be disappointed and still get up fighting!!  Only a select few of our family know of our situation but we have decided not to tell them this time due to disappointment etc.. and they can be insensitive (without realising it).

I know from the past that these boards are great because everyone understands exactly what each other are going through.

Once again i apologise for droning on but look forward to hearing from you.

Tracey, Cardiff

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
^reiki^ ^reiki^ :)goodluck there.we havent told many of our family this time as i mc last time and found the explaining to everyone was harder than anything.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi Tracey,

I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK!!!!!  Have you looked for your cycle buddies (just look for February on the cycle buddies section) - there you'll find all the people going through tx now too and you'll be able to support and help each other through it.

Love Olwen x

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Tweetie and Olwen,

Thank you both for your replies!!

Tweetie - Good luck with your treatment and i hope you get what you wish for, i will keep everything crossed for you!!

Olwen - Thank you for your advice on the cycle buddies and i wish you well with your treatment.

Take Care
Tracey

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Tracey

Welcome to Fertility Friends  :)  I'm sure you'll find lots of support here. 

I had treatment at CARU also  :)  Wishing you loads of luck.

Jayne x

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi Tracey,

Welcome to FF. Another welsh girl!!

I am having tx at the Cromwell Cardiff and have found this site to be fantastic during the ups and downs.

Wishing you lots of luck with this cycle  ^reiki^

Natalie x x

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Jayne and Natalie,

Natalie, take it easy over the next few days and wishing you the very best of luck, lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^. Take Care,  Tracey

Jayne, I notice that you have had success at Caru which is fantastic.  Are you having treatment at the moment or any in the near future.  Thanks for your reply as it is nice to hear of success as it gives me a bit of hope.  Take Care, Tracey

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hi!

I know exactly what you mean about people being insensitive!

I think you're very brave for carrying on with this hell*** treatment!  Myself and DH are both 31 also and have been ttc for 6 years now.  5 IUI -ve  and 2 IVF -ve  - currently on day 10 of 2ww of IVF no 3 and am seriously considering giving up now.

Not sure whether to go for no 4 or start the adoption process.  Feeling VERY low - taken this week off work (week 2 of 2ww) - bad idea - complete waste of a weeks holiday as I'm lying low - haven't told any of my friends or family this time and trying to avoid everyone and feeling very guilty about it.  (Especially as my Mum wants to meet for lunch this week!  Arghhh!!)

Help!!!

Glad to see you're using this fantastic site again.
Fingers X'd for you.

G x

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Gill

Sorry to hear that you are feeling low (even though it is understandable because of the highs and lows of the treatment).  It seems bad not telling anybody but the treatment is intrusive enough without family and friends asking etc (even though they mean well).

I was considering giving up after the last go but somewhere, couldn't tell you where -  my determination came back and we decided to give it another try.  Just have to be positive and hope for the best.

It was nice to hear from you and all i can say really is try and relax for the next few days and i will keep everything crossed for you.  Lots and lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and here's hoping that it is 3rd time lucky for you!!!!!!!

Take Care
Tracey X

1 - 9 of 9 Posts