Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again!
It's been a while since I was here last... So let me re-introduce myself.

I am Tina, I am 33 and mom of twins after battling infertility for 3 years. I went through 20 medicated cycles before getting my boys and I've lost two babes along the way... one in 2004 at 11wks and the boys' triplet in '05.
I had a difficult pregnancy and I was in bed for 16 weeks trying to keep one of the twins (John) alive. They were born a month early and it was a few months before we noticed something was off with John. Long story short, he suffered from IUGR and was only 4lbs at birth (his twin was 6lbs 3oz) and also suffered hypoxia which lead to mild CP (diplegic, mixed tone) and other issues.

I am glad to report that after 3 full years in therapy, 4 hrs a week plus 3 hrs swimming a week, he is doing fantastic and will be going to First Grade normally in September.

I am here again because I want another child. I don't think it's fair for Cody to have to care for his brother alone when we are gone and it would do John good to not be the "smallest" of the bunch. It took 5 1/2 years for me to feel strong enough to want this again and now I can't wait.

The only difference between Tina of the age of 25 TTCing and today's Tina is 100lbs I put on ... and of course my infertility remains, I still don't ovulate... and even if I were, how can you have a healthy baby when you are 100lbs overweight?
I have been out of the loop for many years so I don't even have a doctor right now. I will try and lose the weight on my own and would really like to NOT go the drug route again and just fall PG naturally... not sure I can even do that though as it didn't happen the first time either when I was skinny...
But at least if I lose weight, and d go the injectable route again, it will be easier on my body.

Looking forward to meeting you all and helping wherever I can... If you are/were like me, overweight and have gotten PG, please let me know...
At this point all we know if I have high LH but no other symptom of PCOS, I am also insuling resistant and do not ovulate. My cycles are 10-15 long (but it has been like this for most of my life - yes, even when I was thin).

Love to hear from you!!!
Tina

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
back to FF, Tina!!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment.

20 cycles?? I admire your ability to go through that much treatment, amazing. I struggled with the emotional strain of doing 6. I am glad John is doing well now.

As far as weight is concerned, my clinic has an upper limit of BMI 35. When I went for my pre IVF consultation I was just over and they were going to cancel my treatment, but I persuaded my consultant to speak to the head of department and they took into account the 15 kilos I lost before treatment and that it was just after Christmas and I had been back home and stuffed with food by my mum, and they let my cycle continue. The result is my gorgeous daughter who is nearly a year and a half now. My mum went to a family funeral a few years ago and was talking about my (unexplained) infertility to her cousin (yes, REALLY! ::) ) who works for a fertility clinic and the first question the cousin asked was whether I was overweight or not, so it must have a bearing both on getting pregnant and whether any treatment works or not. I had a lot of problems with retaining fluid when I was pregnant, I put on 30 kilos and went up 2 shoe sizes. When I went to the preggie fit class the first thing the woman who ran the class said to me was "big ankles!" - charming! As a consequence of being overweight and having this additional weight I really struggled, especially during the end of my pregnancy. I had so many plans, so many things I wanted to do when my maternity leave started, but I laid on the sofa like a beached whale because I just didn´t have the energy to do anything. Speaking from experience I would certainly advice people to get to a healthy weight before getting pregnant.

We do have a belly buddies section for people trying to lose weight for treatment. If you look under "profile", "forum profile" and then "modify profile", "group membership" you should be able to join the group, if not let me know and I will get one of the bosses to add you.

Here are a couple of links that I think might help you.

PCOS ~ CLICK HERE

TTC naturally/waiting for treatment ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

Immune Issues ~ CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

If you look on the main forum index you will find location boards. You can find others in your area, and even people going to the same clinic who will provide invaluable advice - some groups even have meet ups.

Also on the main forum you will find parenting sections, including parenting children with special needs ~ CLICK HERE which you might find useful.

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 2 of 2 Posts