Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
We've been trying for 2 years and 4 months. Unexplained infertility - were just about to begin IVF in August when I fell pregnant.  Miscarried at 8 weeks.  Still trying to come to terms with our loss and unsure of what to do next!  Recently saw consultant again and for the first time low progesterone was mentioned.  My periods have been strange since we started trying and I always have brown spotting from about day 22 or 23.  Consultant said he wouldn't be surprised if I was conceiving and then miscarrying when my period is due.  He has prescribed progesterone for me to take from the day of ovulation.  I'm wondering if we are clutching at straws or if this really could work. Would be grateful to hear from anyone else with a similar history.
DaphneX

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi Daphne
So sorry to hear about your m/c.  ^hugme^
I have heard the same thing from my GYN. I was told I had low Progesterone levels and this could either be due to not ovulating or due to what was explained to me as 'inadequate luteal phase' where ovualtion and potenially conception do occur but progesterone levels are too low to sustain the pregnancy and so it never even 'implants'.
I am living in Turkey and so go to a private GYN. She actually didn't do any further tests (of the hormonal variety anyway) and put me straight on drugs to encourage ovulation and progesterone supplements post o to help implantation etc, therefore covering both possibilities. I have ovulated every month since i started this tx. (Though i later found out from HSG i have one blocked tube.) No luck yet, just unfortunate timing. Though i o'd last month she said it was on my blocked left side, and as i was going to UK for xmas i didn't bother taking the progesterone as there seemed no chance of concieving. I am now on CD40 with no AF. But HCG tests show -ive and after a scan on saturday my GYN said there is something in my right tube but unlikely to be pg as it should be in my uterus by now. Am now obviously deeply regretting not taking the prog supplements as who knows what may have happened if i had. Got to back on friday and see what the situation is.
I'm sorry about that long ramble but the point i was trying to make was that taking the prog can't do any harm and it may make the world of difference.

Anyone reading this, do you think this is posible that i concieved but that due to my low prog it has not survived past a few days pc? I'm not looking to punish myself for not taking the pills just feel i'd like to know if this is what happened.

Good luck Daphne.
xx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chick66 said:
Hi Daphne
Welcome to FF.
I've not heard of your condition before so I can't help you regarding that, however would like to welcome you to a fabulous site and wish you all the very best.
Chick
Hi Chick,
Its nice to know i'm not alone. All the best to you too!
Daphnex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts