Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a 32 year old, new to treatment. After three years of trying, had tests done at the NHS, they were so slow, its taken them a year just to do all the blood tests...so Im now at Woking Nuffield and will be doing the egg sharing scheme donating my eggs and having cheaper IVF. This was the treatment advised for me. Does anyone know if I will have to have a general anasthetic for egg collection or could it be local???

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Hi
Firstly welcome to the site, I am sure you will find it very helpful and supportive ;D ;D

As for GA for EC, some people have GA and some people have sedation, I only have sedation, and find it OK, I am offered both, but opt for the easier option for me, as I hate the after effects of GA.

Wishing you loads of luck for your first cycle.

Take care and enjoy the site ;D ;D

Jo
x x x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Mariposa,

I had sedation as well...a very easy option I found with no side effects.

Hope all goes well for you...best of luck.

Larwa

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dear Mariposa

I have had sedation on both of my ec's before and really, it's ok. You can't even remember everything. My Husband was in with me and said I started saying things I don't remember at all!!

Anyway glad you found the site - it's been a great help to me and GOOD LUCK!!!

Love

Lisa

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
HI

I am also being treated at the Woking Nuffield and for my EC they did a general - admitted in the morning and out by 2pm - i wasn't offered an alternative but i would say that i was happy to have the GA. good luck with the cycle Mini x

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hey Mariposa,

Welcome to FF! It is a great site and you will get lots of support and advice here.

Good luck with your tx.

Laine x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts