Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im new to this and would like to say thank you for letting me join.

I am 32 years old and have been with my hubby for 12 years.  Over the last 6 years we have been trying for children without success.  Finally we decided to ask for some help we are attending seacroft hospital in Leeds.  Only had the first consultation and I have had an ultrasound and thank goodness things look ok. 

I would really like to hear from anyone who is going through the same things espeically how their husbands are dealing with it.  My husband finds the whole experience embarrasing and things didnt help when the locum registrar at seacroft was really horrible with us.  he cancelled his appointment and finally has accepted that we need help and rang them to book another one.

xx

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
Welcome to FF, Velma!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. I don't know how I would have coped without the lovely people here. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at the clinic. I am glad you have got another appointment and things are on the move again. Fortunately my husband is dealing with it quite well. I think the fact that he had one round of IVF with his first wife helped a lot, he has been through it all before. He just has the bad luck to find two women both needing treatment (first wife wasn't ovulating and I am marked down as unexplained). But I do know a few ladies who have husbands that aren't reacting well. Has your DH had investigations himself or are they just focusing on you at the moment?

Here are a few links that you might find useful to navigate the site, obviously when you get a diagnosis and/or plan of action I will be able to point you in the direction of the relevant forum sections that will be able to help you.

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck!

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.