Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

This is my first post on FF. Ive heard lots of greats things about FF so thought I should give it a go.
DH and I have a gorgeous little girl who is nearly 2. She was conceived within 3 months and I had a blissful pregnancy and a planned C Section as she was breach.

We'd love for her to have a sibling but sadly this hasnt happened yet.  We've been trying for 15 months, have had 2 cycles with chlomid on the NHS and have been seeing a consultant privately at Bourne Clinic in Colchester.

We've just found out what the problem is - I have an AMH level of 4.2.  It has come as a bit of a shock as the consultant had told us it wasnt even necessary to have the test as my level would be around 18. Im really glad that I insisted on taking the test. However difficult it has been to absorb this news at least we now know.

It looks like we are heading down the IVF road, its amazing how many people I know who have recently told me they too have had IVF. Its so much more common than I realised. On the recommendation of others we have registered with ARGC and now have 6 weeks wait until we get to see a consultant. Ive got so many questions whizzing around my head and love to hear about others' experiences so I know what to expect.

Any helpful advice out there would be gratefully received!

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Jemimasmum!!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

I know exactly what you mean, when I "came out" at work 3 women and one man confided in me that they had treatment, in a department of 12! So it really is more common than people think.

Here are a couple of links that I think might help you.

IVF General chat ~ CLICK HERE

Poor Responders (for people with low AMH level) ~ CLICK HERE

Secondary Infertility ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

Questions for your first cycle consultation ~ (use the ones that apply) CLICK HERE It is for ICSI, but you might find some of the questions relevant.

Keep a diary of your treatment (or read the experiences of others) ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment ~ CLICK HERE

Here is the East Anglia section which covers Colchester - CLICK HERE

ARGC patients - ~CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 2 of 2 Posts