Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Sara, 38 next month, I married to Daniel and we have been trying for a baby over the last 4 years, with no success I am normally a very positive people and I love life, however I have been feeling very emotional and scare over the last few months and this week, I am starting my first IVF treatment on Friday I start sniffing for the down regulation, I have told a few close friends and my mum and dad but am finding it hard to talk without crying about it, as I feel so desperate about having a baby I did not realise I would feel this way so much.  I know that there are lots of couples out there feeling the same, it just I’m finding it hard to be positive and I am worrying too much.  I also have a stressful job at times and was wondering if I could have any beauty treatments or someone to help me de stress a bit.  Any suggestions or recommendations would be great.  Also, two o my closely of friends are both pregnancy which I am extremely happy for however, I finding it hard to talk to them is this normal, especially I am going to visit it one of them this weekend for a girlie shopping trip.  Thanks Little Sara

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hey Sara welcome to the site hun, I know it is hard but you need to stay calm and try and relax. As for things to help relax you i have heard that apparently accupuncture is really good plus can help with fertility and ivf (if you can handle the needles).  L
Also this site will help alot as there are lots of people to talk to and help get things off your chest, even if you just fancy having a good moan. Regarding the pregnant friends, it is definately normal to feel wierd around them, it took 2 over 2 years before i  concieve and it got to me, and it did nogt help with having 2 girls i worked with announcing they were pregnant without trying. But the way i got through it was by thinking positively and thinking that one day it will be my turn. Sorry i have been babbling a bit but hope i have helped you a bit xx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi babyblues101 , thank you for your kind words, i will do a bit of surfing on acupuncture and see if I have some in my area.  Some days I think I going to have a baby then I start to think what if it don't happen , and because I am normally a very optimist person about life I scare to feel positive and get my hopes up. Would you recommend I read any books on the subject and I will try to chill out a bit and take every day as it comes.. cheers again I really apprecite it and take care x

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hi smiler :)

I'm one of the mods on the intros board, just nipped on for 5 mins though but will take the time to reply in detail later this evening :-*

I'm going to give you a link for our complimentary therapy board, you will find lots of information here on treatments that may help. I do know lots of ladies swear by acupuncture and also reflexology. Another board, which will be useful to you is the local county board for you, found under the locations tab. Here you can get the low down on local clinics and 'chat' to girls from your area, may be worth a post on here to ask any of them if they know or would recommend any therapists in your area ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Complimentary therapies ~
CLICK HERE

Will catch you again later ;)

There is a newbie chat night in the chat room from 8pm tonight a great opportunity to understand the ins and outs of FF and meet some other new members ;)

Louj x :-*

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
^hello^ Sara!

I hope that you found the board info that I left earlier helpful. It is so difficult embarking on this journey, but honestly it does get better as you do feel more positive when you are actually on tx (treatment). I can totally empathise with you over how you are feeling, often I feel I alienate myself from other girls as this whole IF lark is hard, it is natural, but I would say try to keep up your relationships with girls that IF doesn't effect. However, you have come to a great place here for mutual support, advice and friendship and I really do believe these boards have kept me sane at times, well almost ^idiot^ ;) ;D

I'm going to give you links for a couple more boards, the cycle buddies board and the IVF general board. On these boards you will meet other members that experiencing the same as you and will help you on your journey :-*

For Cycle buddies -CLICK HERE

A rough guide to IVF
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/content/view/106/3/

Wishing you all the best of luck with your treatment and sending you lots of ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^

Please shout if I can help anymore and do keep us posted on how you are :-*

Louj :-*

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Louj Thank you, sorry did not reply have been in bed for days with sinusitis and ear infection awaiting to hear back from the John Radcliffe IVF clinic as have been to doctors this morning and got another prescrib and unsure if this will effect the Down Regulate that i am currerntly doing, I will have a look at the links below that you have sent me, I am trying to focus on getting better at the moment as my daily injections start arounf the 2nd July, so I must get better for this treayment.  Also  I missed going to my girlfriends at the weekend however, spoke to them several times on the phone,  as my husband is away in Europe so I have been home alone, and of course feeling sorry . However, today I decided I must feel more positive about everything and looking forward to my husband coming home tonight. Also, I am not need my mum and dad and friends as I relocated with work a few years ago from Kent to Oxfordshire so I feel it been a lonely week or so. thank you again for your kind words it means lots to me cheers Little Sara

1 - 6 of 6 Posts