Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am Jools (brit) and live with my German husband in Germany.  We have been ttc for over 5 years now, starting with vasectomy reversal - antibodies in sperm but at least they are whizzy and good apparently, and then early menopause/ovarian failure on my side.  I've just come out of a bad depression, and been fired from my job because of the extended sick leave, it's terrible the upheaval that infertility can cause, I don't think many people realise how devastating it is. I even managed to visit my new nephew (sister 39 natural conception) after having broken off contact for a year as it was too painful for me and that showed me that I was ready for a proper go.  It's taken us a while but we have now decided to go to Spain for IVF with donor eggs (IVF with DE is illegal in Germany). It's wonderful to find this forum, the whole process here is so cloak and dagger I really need some friends to talk to.  Anyway thanks for being there!

Jools from Germany

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hi Jools
Welcome to ff, it's certainly not cloak and dagger around here  ;D there is often too much information  ^tmi^ , but having people being totally honest and open is brilliant as it stops you worrying that your not normal  ::)
I am sorry for what you have been through, many of us here will be able to associate with things you have faced, I have found the ladies here to be sooooo supportive, this site really has been sent from heaven for me, and I feel in an odd way that I am lucky to be in this situation as it's enabled me to meet some truly fantastic people.
I hope all goes well for you in spain, good luck with your treatment  ^goodluck^
Dydie xx

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Hi Jools
Just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the board.  I am sure you will find these boards full of information and someone will answer your query, and often there is lots of humour to make you laugh which is always welcome.  I cant tell you how much I have learnt since joining.  Holding thumbs for your treatment in Spain
warm regards

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome both of you, nice to find another oldie too!  ;)

I will try to have some fun here as well - we have to laugh don't we!  The Germans aren't known for their sense of humour  ^evil^ although dh is an honary Brit and can raise a smile.  Thank God the Germans import so many good American and UK sit-coms - keeps me sane.  That and videoa of East Enders from my Sis.

Big fat good vibes to both of you ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love Jools

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.