Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I've just signed up and am plucking up the courage to plunge straight in with a post - before I let shyness get in the way! DH and I married when I was 39 and (naively?) hoped to start babymaking at once. I'm now 43 - and deep into panic mode. Investigations didn't find anything wrong, had 6 cycles of IUI (natural not drugs) at 41, then 18 months of acupuncture and chinese medicine - which I recommend and has improved my FSH a lot - and now about to try a final 3 cycles of IUI. Am being advised to think of egg donation as my age (soon to turn 44...) an obvious problem. Too old for IVF. A little in grief about it all - and on the thought of egg donation, veering from excitement (wow - it might really happen!) to negative (it wouldn't be "really" mine, my family would freak if they knew, is it fair on the poor child etc etc). I'd be very grateful for support and any thoughts/experiences on egg donation - and yes, I do feel an idiot for leaving it so late!!!
Love
Putneygirl

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi putneygirl

First of all welcome to the site, you will find lots of support on here from people with similar experiences to your own.

Can't give you any factual advice on egg donation, am currently in limbo myself trying to decide whether to pursue that option and completely relate to the way your feelings are swinging between positive and negative.

One of the lovely moderators will be along soon to provide you with lots of pointers and links but here is the link to the board about donor sperm/eggs to get you started:

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=64.0

Good luck with your journey, sending you ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Foxylady x

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
^hello^ Putney Girl!

Welcome to FF and well done on posting! It is a bit daunting at first, but before you know it you will be an addict, it's certainly helped keep me sane, well almost ;D

I'm quite puzzled to read that you are about to embark on another 3 IUI treatments ???, as it is being suggested you try donor eggs. Surely, if it is thought that donor egg treatment is the way forward, I am unsure as to why your consultant would think IUI would work for you. I would certainly raise this with your consultant before you embark on this treatment :-*

Here are some other links, which will be useful for you, sorry if I dupe any you may have already found;

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

Over 40's ttc, pregnancy and parenting board. I would say a great starting point for advice
TTC over 40 - CLICK HERE

What can improve egg quality and quantity~
CLICK HERE

I know you are undecided, but you may want to have a quick look here :-* You've already had the link for egg donation :)
Egg Share ~ CLICK HERE

Check out the Locations boards You'll find the London boards here, the threads are really active and the girls meet regularly.

That should keep you busy for a while! However, don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Wishing you all the very best and sending you lots of ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^

If there is anything else we can help with, please just shout :-*

Louj x :) :-*

1 - 3 of 3 Posts