Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello iam tracey and i will shortly be starting clomid and wondered if anyone else had pcos and was starting clomid or had used it?  i have lost 17lbs and need to loose 7lbs to reach 10% i am still a big girl and my fertility doc is not very nice. he has not been very helpful in the past and i am very worried about the appointment. is there any advice on how to get what i want from him?

all the best
xx  :( :'( ??? ??? ??? ^help^

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
hi tracey

welcome to ff

i am on clomid and have had a fair amount of it , i also have pcos and know exactly where you are coming from as my clinic are horrible!! i have lost 3 stone but they still are concerned about my weight! i know i have some more to loose but they arent very encouraging,
i really had to be forceful with my consultant to get him to let me have ovulation induction cycles but seeing as i wouldnt leave his room until he agreed to listen to me , he didnt really have any choice :)

please introduce yourself on the clomid girls thread , they are really supportive.

feel free to ask me any questions if you need to

suzie xx

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Tracey

All I can say is know what you want and don't take any crap!!

I had a horrible consultant too and he was always going on about my weight and was very reluctant to put me on clomid.  I then moved area and had a completely different experience with my new consultant.

My weight has been the same for the past 10-12 years and sometimes I think hospitals use this as an excuse not to give you the drugs you need.  My new consultant gave me metformin first and then added clomid a few months later.  As you can see from my ticker it did the trick.

Hope it goes well for you - just be assertive.

Becky :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you both of you, iam hoping that i have ovulated this month because it wwould be great to walk in there and find that out.  have to go shopping now but catch up later xx

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Just wanted to say hello Tracy and welcome to the clomid girls  :)

I haven't got pcos (i'm an endo sufferer) but I know a few of the girls on here do, I wish you lots of luck. I am overweight though and have been given clomid.  don't stand for any messing from the consultant  ^bigbad^ 

See you around xxx

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Hi Tracey

Just wanted to welcome you to FF !  I am not a PCOS sufferer (not that I know of!)  ??? but have sporadic ovulation and will start clomid next cycle - perhaps we can become cycle buddies - do you know approx when you will start?

Has ur DH had any tests done?  I always assumed it was just me but have found out last week DH as low motility - lazy  ^sperm^.

Good luck with everything -  ^reiki^

;D Sarah

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you girls i needed that! i'll show him!!  my periods are all the place so i never know when its coming yet i do know i get very cranky about two weeks b4 its due... i should hopefully sart clomid when i see the doc on 3rd nov but i will let you know  what happens!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.