Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm a new member...

History so far...Was refered for IVF in February. My DP sperm count etc...is fine and they initially thought that I might have Polycystic ovaries but initial ultrasound scan did not confirm this. Instead it revealed that i had some fibroids so was booked for a HyCoSy to investigate further and possibly remove them. Doctor was quite positive that it would probably not be too problematic and that we could start first IVF cycle soon - Felt reasonably positive and happy!... Unfortunately they could not perform HyCoSy recently because they discovered I had a stenoic cervix...First draw back...They now propose to do Hysteroscopy under general anesthesia to check fibroids and will also need to dialate my cervix  in order to be able to transfer embryo. It all seems much more drastic now and am feeling really apprehensive...Has anybody else had similar problems? Can anybody recomend anything?
Thank you
JFS

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hello JFS

I hope you find fertility friends a great support. As this site has been my lifeline the past year. Everyone is so supportive.
I am going through IVF at the moment and found the IVF boards, peer support and Cycle buddies Board really helpful for my IVF journey.

Good luck in your journey

Sonia xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello jfs, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

I am sorry ti's all got a bit complicated for you. Hopefully this minor setback will pass and you will be able to have your procedure and get on with your cycle ASAP. I haven't experienced anythign similar to what you describe but you might find it helpful to check in these areas:

Fibroid Problems ~ CLICK HERE

Cervical Factor ~ CLICK HERE

While you are here, here are a few more useful links for you:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

A Rough Guide To IVF ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you loads of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Hello JFS

Welcome to FF and good luck with your treatment!

Hope to see you with a BFP soon!  ^reiki^

I haven't any experience of those problems sweetie but you will find some ladies on here that do

Good Luck!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi JFS and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support.

Im sorry to hear all you are going through at the moment but i wanted to wish you luck with the IVF and that it ends with a positive result.

Kate xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts