Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Emma I have a gorgeous God Son who calls me memma which keeps me smiling - seeing a consultant for ICSI on 25th, I am terrified,  Can anybdy offer any info or advise - my head is spining as I have no idea what to expect x

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
^hello^ Emma

Just wanted to welcome you to FF and wish you luck for the 25th

Love Charleyxxx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hiya

Many Thanks for your good luck message.  Will keep you posted.

Take Care
Emma :-*
(Memma)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Memma!

Can't help you with your question, as we're still in the investigations side, I am having a laparoscopy next month, but just wanted to say Hi and welcome to FF.

I have a gorgeous nephew who called me Um and then Umma when he was learning to talk, he now has a little one week old brother, so looks like I'll be back to Um and Umma!!  They keep me smiling too!!

Good luck

Emma

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Emma or should I say Umma!

Thanks, I am smiling, i'm 32 and hubby 39 he had a vasectomy 10 years ago when he was in a previous marriage,  he had it reversed over 2 years ago and worked hip hip hooray but recently had tests and due to scar tissue has reverted back again.  so our only chance is ICSI / IVF and because he had a vasectomy we dont qualify for NHS.

So I have been very low,

I hope you get some positive news from your tests - will be thinking of you - best of luck x
Memma x

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Emma

A month ago I ws terrified too and started treatment on 1st July for IVF/ICSI.  It isn't as bad as you think or so far anyway.  It is the unknown that is scary. We are due to start the 2nd phase of drugs on 19th july.
Good luck for the 25th and keep positive  ^reiki^

Wishing you lots of  ^fairydust^
love lshack xx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please let me know how you get on,  hope your dreams come true x

Emma x :-*

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome to FF and best of wishes for the 25th at your appointment.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hi Memma, We were going to go down the ICSI route. Unfortunatley on the 29th of June we were told there was no ^sperm^ after DP underwent investigations for sperm anaylsis. We are going to use a donor and have an appt in August.

Will keep everything crossed for you,

Bronte xx

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi Memma,

Welcome to FF.

We had ICSI and it is pretty daunting when you start. I think the only way to tackle it is in the same way as the answer to "how do you eat an elephant" which is "one bite at a time". Trying to do anything else is rather confusing. Its not a great process but its not as bad as you think.

I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support from this community.

Best of luck.

Edna

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi

Saw our consultant on Monday and Hubby is having his retrieval in 3 weeks then hoping to start IVF more or less straight away,  Doc was very positive.

Nervous but very excited :-*

Keep me posted thinking of you all
Emma x

·
Registered
58 Posts
hi there

i know how you feel the build up to an appt is always terrifying but stay positive and have a look at the links on this website i am sure it will be of help.  I am on my 2 week wait from ivf.

Best of luck with your appt.

Datai

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ICSI GIRLS UNITED IS BORN

Bringing all us girls together who are going through treatment AUG/SEPT
Go to Cycle Buddies - Aug/Sept - Icsi Girls United

See you there

Love & Hugs
Emma x x x

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.