Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 7 months ago I was diagnosed as having a fibroid - a right whopper too (8 x 9 x 12cm)  :eek:

Having never had anything seriously wrong with me medically before, when I was offered either UAE or a major surgical procedure - aka abdominal myomectomy - I was terrified, upset, p'ed-off (lots of emotions!) but after a while decided an abdominal myo was the way to go.

Although originally scheduled for November, I got put on a course of 3 Prostap injections which, despite my fear and tears, has actually meant I've had pretty much no fibroid pain for the past few months. The thought of being put into a state of temporary menopause scared the beejesus out of me (I'm 33) but I'm now everso pleased they put me on it. I just hope it's shrunk the offending article (who I called Roy. Roy the fibroid  ;D).

It's been a long wait to get rid of the little (big?!) parasite but I'm due to go into hospital on Wednesday 12th January for an abdominal myomectomy … :'( but also  :)

I've already got a bag packed with (dark) nighties, comfy slippers, bendy straws and peppermint tea :) Being over-organised's really helped me take my mind off the anxiety.

Ummm, so yes. That's me.

ADMISSION: I've been lurking for ages reading the My Myomectomy Experience thread and it's been sooooooo reassuring. Really, I'm joining to say thanks to the ladies on there for taking the time to not only tell their stories pre-op but to add follow ups too. It's everso useful for those of us about to go through with this major operation. So yes, thanks!  ^hugme^

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wishing you all the best for the op and hope that you make a swift recovery.

Hopeful

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
hi hun, didnt want to read and run, good luck for your op. my sister had that not too long ago, she had to have a hystertomy too as it was just so big, sizr of a 7 month baby. she recovered really well.

ask ur doctor for a pic, my sister loves her pic lol

lisa
xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.