Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm Jane and have been with my husband for 7 years.  We have unexplained infertility and went through a cycle of IVF in September 2006.  We didn't get to embryo transfer though as there were 27 eggs collected and there was a risk of OHSS.  But - of the 27 eggs, only one fertililsed.  We were warned that it wasn't great quality but it was frozen.  We then hoped for a frozen embryo transfer but the one little embryo didn't thaw successfully.  So - lots of trouble and tears along the way.
We were advised that IVF wouldn't work for us because of the very poor fertilisation but that ICSI just might.  We went through ICSI last year and our beautiful daughter was born in January.  We are grateful every day that she's here with us and appreciate her so much. 
I've arrived at fertility friends as we have 2 frozen embryos from our ICSI treatment.  We both feel strongly that we want to use the embryos.  I'm 37 now and very aware that time is moving on so we are awaiting an appointment at our clinic to discuss using these frozen embryos.  As I type this, I'm very aware just how lucky we are to have our little girl, but I'm hoping for some support and advice as we go through the process again.
I hope all this makes sense!
Hoping to get to know you all.
Jane

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Hi Jane,

Just wanted to say welcome to FF, you will find loads of support and advice on here thats for sure! Everyones really friendly and you`ll always find someone thats in the same situation or been there.

Congratulations on your little girl, your right you are lucky but you will need support going through it again, you sound strong though.

Have you any idea when your appointment will be?

Good luck with your future treatment!

Megan x

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
^hello^ Jane :)

Welcome to FF! You've come to a great place to share friendship, support and advice, FF has kept me sane at times, well almost ;D ;)

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter and wishing you all the best for your forthcoming treatment ^reiki^ I'm going to point you in the direction of other boards which will be relevant to you ;).

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

Hoping for another miracle - CLICK HERE

FET - CLICK HERE

Locations a great area to chat/meet others local to you
CLICK HERE

That should keep you busy for a while! However, don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
[url=http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=1.0]CLICK HERE

All the best, sending you lots of ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^

Louj :) :-*

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hi Jane just want to say welcome to the site. There are many people here who have been through similar situations to you and lots of people willing to chat and listen if you need them. Good luck with your treatment and i hope things work out for you. If you ever need to chat send me a pm xx

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your lovely welcomes, babyblues, Louj and Megan.  Louj - thanks for all the links to the other boards, I'll have a look.  Babyblues - I'll let you know if I need to chat, thanks for that.  Megan - our appointment was supposed to be last week but the doctor was sick (and I thought doctors never got sick!) so we've been told that we may get seen in July.  I really hope so!  I love the idea that I sound strong - over the years I've frequently wavered between being a sobbing wreck and coping ok!
Jane

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Hi Jane

Welcome to FF,you've found an amazing site and there are some lovely ladies on here who will give their advice and support.

^congrats^ on your baby daughter. 

Definitely recommend checking out the links that Louj left you and the chat room.

Hope you get your appointment through soon - love to know how a doctor gets sick, you'd think they'd know enough to avoid it wouldn't you  ::) ;)

^pray^ that your next tx works for you

Take care
^hugme^ and x x x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts