Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I just wanted to introduce myself..... I've been ttc for nearly 8 years, I am 37 (this month) and dh is 34.  We're your typical unexplained case... in fact, no we're not typical because all our tests over the years have concluded that we both have a high fertility.  The consultant once said "well I just don't understand it, you are a typical couple for first time conception"... not that it helped.  :'(

I have a 28 day cycle, dh high sperm count... I have 2/3 days EWCM & know exactly when I ov.  I gave up work to become a Holistic Therapist 3 years ago, and just work when I want to...  We have booked the obligatory expensive holiday and blew an IVF cycle on going to the Maldives!!!  I didn't want to try IVF, due to the drugs (I'm a natural girl at heart) and also couldn't understand what medical science could do for me that nature obviously won't!!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

But, we threw caution to the wind and did our first cycle about 3 years ago... it went absolutely to the letter..., I have the egg reserve of someone in their 20's apparently... it was a superb cycle... text book....except the result.  We were absolutely convinced it was going to be a BFP, but no.  Took us 6 months to get over... it isolated us and we grew almost unhealthily reliant on each other for our happiness.  But we came through it, and decided to use the 2 embies we had frozen, literally to use up that option a year later... we didn't expect it to work and it didn't.  We then decided enough was enough.  Oh, I forgot to say that I have had years of reflexology, acupuncture, massage, colour therapy, hypnotherapy, spritiual healing, reiki... etc. etc.  Not all at once, I hasten to add... except the reflexology and massage, which I love.  In fact, during the FET, my acupuncturist said "you are in the perfect state to conceive"...... ^idiot^

Just as we said "never" to IVF, we also said that to adoption.  However, one day last year we just started talking about it... (we are lucky to have always been at the same stage emotionally all the way through this)... and we decided that it was more important to us to become a family, although this is still a very scary thought. 

We actually do have a great life... we've absolutely made it that way, focusing on what we do have, rather than what we don't... and throughout the heartbreak have actually managed to keep it all together and we do love life, and appreciate our quality time together.  We are even grateful for our experiences, as they have made us who we are... and we are a great team...  ;D 

We do have concerns that any steps to fulfil our dreams will be going against what nature has dealt us, and will ruin our lives... but I am completely relying on gut instinct and fate to deal with that.. !!!

So, there's me... (us!) and I look forward to getting to know you all... ;D

Thank you for listening if you have gotten this far!!  ^eyes^

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Dear Barbarella

Welcome to FF, you'll meet lots of nice people through this sight who will be able to offer you great help & support.

It's very hard coming to terms with unexplained infertility & it can leave you physically & emotionally drained.  FF will help you to vent your emotions & let you know that you are not on your own.

Myself & my DH found out very  early on in our married lives that we were unable to conceive a child.  We had what treatment were available for us at the time & this did not work.  We decided enough was enough & we decided to go down the adoption route.

This we did & we adopted a little boy of 3 (8 years ago) followed by a baby girl - 9 months (4 years after having our DS)

Our dreams our complete, I wouldn't swap MY children for anything.

Wishing you lots of luck as you start out on your new adventure.

Superal
        xx

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Superal

Thanks everso for replying... I have belonged to another website for years, so know how invaluable these support sites are.. but it's very baby oriented, as is another adoption website I regularly go on, very adoption based, only touching on the fertility side of things... this one seems great because it is very fertility based, and someone recommended it to me for the transition from ttc to adoption...

Your story fills me with hope for the future.. many congratulations on your children... if a little belated..  ;D  You hear so many horror stories surrounding adoption, that it's lovely when you hear of the happy endings..  ^reiki^  Thank you again..  :)

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Hi Barbarella and welcome to FF,

Very sorry to hear you and your DH have had such bad luck ttc. (Can I congratulate you on your use of the lingo though - I still don't fully understand all the abbreviations used on this website!)
We currently also have unexplained fertility, and most of the time have a very positive outlook like you guys obviously do.
I just wanted to add that I was adopted myself at 3 months old, and although my parents and me have had our ups and downs, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I totally believe in the nuture is stronger than nature argument. If you want any more info, please feel free to IM me.
Good luck and enjoy chatting to people on these boards, I have made fab friends here and am sure you will too.

Take care,

xxx

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bodia... I really appreciate that.  I agree with you... there are too many biological children out there not getting the love and respect they deserve.  I must admit our course is making us realise just how much we have to offer... anyway, thanks again... oh and the lingo... well have been a member of another site for 6 years, so picked it all up there.. lol!!  ;)

·
Registered
337 Posts
hi barbarella...

welcome 2 ff...it must be so hard 4 u both when u know u should be able 2 concieve, i really hope you dream comes true very soon...its good that u stay strong 2gether and enjoy life 2 the full...as stress is the last thing u need when ttc.
goodluck 2 u both...love lisa xxx :-*

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Welcome to ff

I'm sorry that your if journey has been unsuccessful so far, but i wish you tonnes of luck for the future,

as others have said there is always someone here who knows just what your going through, or have gone through,
all the best  ^reiki^
Dizzi
XX

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
welcome to ff - wishing you lots of luck in your journey ahead, whatever that might be ---- i beleive we come to places (e.g. this internet site) when we are ready for them and the information we are about to recieve, and i'm sure you will find the answers and guidance you need here as well as giving to other....
hope to chat to you sometime on these boards

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much for the welcome... Lisa, Dizzy, Safarigirl and Jill

It's so nice to be here, I feel very at home already... so thank you very much.

Jill... I've not met many people with unexplained for this long before, so if you want to chat, please feel free...

Safarigirl.. I agree with you... I have been part (and still am) of another website for 6 years, but I feel I need to move on a bit, because my situation is different now (with the adoption process)... so I just need to speak to fresh people with different experiences..  this seems the perfect place..  ^gossip^

Thanks again, I really appreciate your kindness....  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks very much Ginny... am glad to be here (well wish I didn't have to be IYKWIM), but already have received such a lovely welcome and chatted to a few people in the same boat.... 

Best of luck for your 1st IVF cycle... hope it's the one for you!!  ^fairydust^

Cx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.