Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this site when I was feeling particularly fed up as I had just had a BFN after undergoing my first natural IVF cycle. Everything had gone well,  good hormone levels, good embryo, relatively easy process. Consequently felt devastated but much better now and looking forward to starting again. My partner and I have been trying to conceive for 4 years, i am over 40 and so time is crucial. I have had surgery for an endometrioma and so have been suffering from endometriosis asymptomatically, I have another small endometrioma and the size of this is being monitored. I am feeling very positive and hope that next time will be successful. I am a midwife and know of many older women becoming pregnant and hope this gives faith to others

Jayne

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
just wanted to say hello and welcome. Everyone here is so helpful and friendly. i have found them to be a tower of strength. good luck with your next IVF.
xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi & welcome to FF :)

Sorry to hear of your BFN ^hugme^ I can completely empathise with what you must be going through.

When you say you had natural IVF, so you mean yours was either unstimulated or very lightly stimulated ? If so, there is a thread on the IVF board for ladies going through or considering natural IVF...

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=131685.150

I can also sympathise with you regards having endo as I was diagnosed 20 years ago at my first lap after years of problems....there is also a board for ladies who are ttc with endo which you may find helpful...

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=9.0

and finally, here's the link to the Over 40's ttc board...

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=162.0

Wishing you lots of luck in your journey ^reiki^
Take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Jaynbe, welcome to Fertility friends. :)

I also sympathise with the endo as I have suffered big time in the past (although okish at the moment). ^hugme^
Do check out the links Minxy has left for you there; I am sure you will get loads of support from the members on this site.

Here's a couple more general links and information you might find helpful:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

S

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for everyone's support, unsure how to navigate this website but it really is lovely to hear from those that truely understand how this feels x

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

I'm new to! My follicles are growing very well, :) back tomorrow for scan and then hopefully ready for e/c. My only worry at this stage is that the egg and sperm don't fertilise, is it true that we can be incompatible?

·
Registered
441 Posts
HI Everton

Generally 50-70% of eggs get fertilised, it's not so much to do with "incompatability" as the quality of the eggs and sperm.

Do you know how many follicles you have growing and whether you're having IVF or ICSI?

I don't know where you live - but I'm sure there will be a thread relevant to your area that you can join and get support from people at the same clinic.

Best of luck with your cycle

Wiggie x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts