Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm just starting out on the journey through treatment. My partner had a vasectomy reversal six months ago and we have just found out that it has failed although we do have some sperm frozen from the operation.

We are now looking at ICSI and I am lost in knowing what to do first, how to choose a clinic, whether we will meet criteria and where we will find the money.

Reading your messages has given me so much hope, as the clinic statistics I have read so far made me cry - the chances seemed so low! Now I have seen your success stories and your bravery in several attempts, I'm almost looking forward to my journey with you guys towards being a mummy!

RosieLa
x

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi Rosiela,

Welcome to fertility friends! You'll find all the answers you need on your exciting journey!

Reading the statistics are frightening, i don't think about them and just look on the positive side!

Choosong a clinic is hard, i got the hfea infertility book and emailed a few clinics i liked the sound of, ie nearest to me, a couple in london and others i had heard about. They all send you booklets to plough through for some light reading. Most do patient information nights which you go and see the clinic and hopefully meet some staff!

Just make sure when choosing a clinic that you feel comfortable with it, phone up and ask a couple of silly questions, if they are helpful and make you feel at ease you know this will help for a successful outcome!

Once chosen you will have a first consultation, they will go through whether you meet criteria etc then!

Good luck with your choosing and with your tx!

Lots of love

Emmak

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hey Rosiela

A warm welcome to FF!  So pleased you have decided to join us.

Wishing you success with your journey.  While you're deciding which way to go, you are more than welcome to join our Chitter Chatters thread on the Clubhouse board.

If there is anything you need, please ask.

Laine x

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for your advice and support - it's great to be amongst friends. I was trying to talk to non-ttc friends about it this weekend and they just don't understand, do they!

We are going to one open evening in March at Salisbury Fertility Centre - does anyone have any experience of them? It's on the same site as the hospice where my father died, so I hope perhaps there will be a magical cycle of life thing about the place which will boost our chances!

I'll let you know how we get on!

Thanks again

Rosiela

1 - 4 of 4 Posts