Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just discovered this site, wow, its great. Thought I was the only person going through this.

Am 27 and DH 34, we have been trying for 2 years and I am on my 5th cycle of Clomid. No luck so far. It is all such a rollercoaster. Clomid makes me feel awful, hot flushes, lots of pain, grumpy, tearful!

After every month that goes by I feel weaker physically and mentally and it is harder every month to keep positive. It is always with me and I never switch off, always pram and pregnant belly watching!

Feel like I am letting everyone down and frustrated that I can't do the thing that most women can do at a drop of a hat!

Anyway sorry for this out pouring!

Stacey

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Welcome to FF
I am new myself just joined this week but have found the other girls really helpful & full of support.
I have really high FSH levels & looks like early menopause which was a shock at just turning 37!
Waiting for my scan on thursday, trying agnus castus & booked for accupuncture basically open to trying anything.

Best of luck to you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nats210

Sorry to hear about your early menopause, must have been such a shock when you are so young! My mother is 55 and hasn't reached her menopause yet and is crawling up the walls. Life is so bizarre isn't it! I am gutted when I get my period because I am not pregnant and she is gutted when she gets hers because she wants her menopause to arrive! How strange!

What is agnus castus?

Good luck with scan.

Stacey

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Stacey
welcome to FF.  You are sooooo not the only one.  Just look at the membership numbers at the top of the page!  8,000 of us on here and that's just the ones that have discovered this amazing site.  I don't know what I would have done without it.  You'll find answers to everything you wanted to know - and loads more besides.  And the best support around.

If you look further down the boards you'll see there's  a very active one for girls doing clomid.  Have a look on there and you'll make loads of new friends who know just how you feel.

Good luck with everything and hope you get your dream soon.  You're not letting anyone down.  Infertility is hard and the women who go through it are braver than most.

take care,
Claire x

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Hi Stacy
I know how you Mum feels. I stopped taking the pill on the last day of our honeymoon & thought to myself I would have a couple of months for the body to settle down & then we would really concentrate on trying for a baby. I never had any problems with my AF & didn't really want to get into stressing about being pregnant every month.
Boy was I wrong, at least I have a great doctor, i went to see him after 3 months for something else & he enquired on how things were & ordered tests straight away & then referred me.
Agnus castus is a herb which helps regulate cycles & has been known to kick start your cycle. If you do a search on google you will find more info, it is not recommended to be taken while on various other drugs.  I take 2ml a day in a glass of water.

keep positive & stay in touch.
natalie

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Stacy

Im new here too, its a very friendly site.

Welcome  xx

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi, another new one. Site is really colourful and brings a smile to my face. Some of the others are so serious. We need to laugh. I am 28, hubby is 35. I have PCOS and he has quite sever male factor. We've been told we have to have ICSI. We're waiting on NHS  :-[ who are saying we may qualify but they don't know how long we'd have to wait.
Hate every minute of this whole experience but hubby is wonderful and I just have to stay strong. Praying for twins. At £7,000 per go is that too much to ask??  ;D

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Hi Stacey and welcome to the site - come and join us on the clomid thread .... you will get lots of support there and can trade symptoms with the rest of us!
lots of luck to you in your journey ^rainbow^ ^fairydust^ ^rainbow^

·
Registered
59 Posts
Stacy,

We know how you feel, try to stop the belly-watching thou - it'll only make you upset.  I try not to put myself throu things that will bring me down.

Mahria,
I sooo agree, I've secretly hoping for twins as well.  Wouldn't want triplets though - you can have them instead!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.