Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have just joined this site and hope to be able to share the positive things and gain from all the knowledge out there.
I tried for four years to conceive my daughter who was born in 2004 after two rounds of clomid. We were so happy to have her and enjoyed being parents that we put off trying for another one with the thought that as clomid worked once it would work again - how wrong could we be. In Dec 2006 we started trying for number 2 - clomid round one and two had no affect whatsoever - my cycles were up to 12 weeks long - and at this point I was only under the care of my doctor - so I had no idea if I had ovulated . Then had 2 more cycles of clomid increased dose - and these also did not work. Was referred back under the care of the research sisters at the Rosie Hospital , Cambridge , who monitored me for my first conception. They are really kind. After many tests they started me on another four months of clomid - this time with the blood tests to see if I ovulated - which I did for the first 2 months - but got a BFN - and then did not ovulate the last month. I am now on my last round of clomid - feel I may have ovulated but not sure. Am also on the waiting list for injections to make me ovulate. Been on clomid for over a year now and have felt pretty lousy throughout - hot , moody , depressed , weight gain , hair loss etc. To be honest it has been a nightmare . I am so grateful to have my daughter and she is the light of my life but it is so hard wanting something so much and having no joy. Please could anyone in the same boat offer me any advice about what might work or how to stay positive?

Good luck to you all.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
hi hollihotlips + welcome to FF :)

there are women in similar situations to you so i will leave you the link for the main clomid board ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=34.0 hopefully here you will find the support you need :)

there is also a chat thread on there you can join in, the girls are great ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=139611.210

you have been on clomid for a long time + i am not surprised your emotions have been running high ^hugme^ you have found a great source of support with us so please take advantage ;)

goodluck ^reiki^

xxx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello hollyhotlips, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

Ah I am sorry you're feeling a bit fed up with it. ^hugme^ As cleg says, you've been on clomid so long it's hardly surpising. I was on it 8 months and DH said he'd buy himself a suit of armour if I got any more moody!

It's great that you are now having some proper monitoring while on clomid but, I would say it probably is time to move on to bigger things as they do say if it's going to work it'll do so withing about 6 cycles. Have you had any investigations into why your cycles are so long? Perhaps getting to the bottom of your cycle problems might help improve your fertility? ???
I am guessing that they hope the injections might help if ovulating is the key to your problems, especially if you have scans and timed intercourse.
Do check out the links cleg has left for you, and please chek out thes eones too while you are here:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Hoping for another miracle ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck!

C~x

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Hollyhotlips and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

How lovely to read you have a daughter with the help of clomid but sorry to hear that it doesnt seem to be working this time around. Im pleased you are being looked after at the hospital and wish you loads of luck with getting a positive result.

Kate xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts