Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This place (fertile friends) rocks! I have only been a member for a few days and I have found people to be welcoming and sharing same things in common (wanting a little baby). I am usually in Clomid ,as it is the drug I will be starting this Friday (hello hope). My question to the RN is "What factors are taken into account to measure the success of a fertility drug like Clomid?  In my case my bloods turned out fine except I have high Androgen levels, my ultra sound turned out normal, I have no cysts and my partners sperm is fine. Also, Metrofin (unsure of spelling) does what exactly and why would it be used with Clomid?
Thanks a bunch and message me anytime
fertilethoughts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Welcome to FF!!!
I think you are looking at clomid and metrodin for your treatment. They both try to increase the number of follicles you get but in 2 different ways: the clomid supresses your oestrodial in the early part of your cycle so that your body produces more natural FSH while Metrodin gives you false FSH.
The drug regime is a standard first stage for treament and things move up from there as needed.
All the best!!!

Ruth

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank-you for the advice.  :) If I gave the treatment say 4 months and was not successful (despite ovulating), would I be more successful on IVF and Clomid? Strange how I have all the Symptoms of PCOS but no cycts, have you come across those cases? (trust me I don't want to be special).
My other query is how crucial is weight loss  to pregnancy and would I be affecting a fetus (pre-conception) if I took weight loss drugs? What is your opinion on the weight loss drugs Duromine and Reductil (Meridian)?Lastly (thanks for your patience) What is the most successful form of treatment (statistically) of IVF?
Thank-you so much Ruth for being so welcoming and everyone at FF

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.