Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello ladies,
I'm new and just wanted to say thanks - I've learned loads from everyone's postings.  Been trying for 4 years now, I've had 2 IUI and 1 IVF, all failed, just about to start with a second IVF cycle.  Our problem is frustratingly "unexplained" - and i spend my time bouncing between feeling super positive (there's nothing wrong it's bound to work :)) and totally miserable (there's nothing wrong, why doesn't it work? :().

Does anyone else have "unexplained" infertility?  It always seems like everyone I speak to has some sort of issue - makes me feel like a bit of a fraud...

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
^hello^ Homegirl

to FF :) I hope you find this site of real use to you, I know I have had :) :)

Sorry to hear about your journey so far, its so hard this IF lark isn't it ???

There is a board for Unexplained Fertility which I will leave you the link to ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=111.0 I am sure the ladies won't mind you joining them :)

As you are about to start another cycle it might be worth considering joining the Cycle Buddies ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=68.0 I know I found this board extremely helpful during treatment, it was great to be able to talk to other ladies going through the same thing.

Wishing you lots of luck with your treatment.

x x x x x

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hiya Homegirl! :)

Big welcome to FF and best of luck with your forthcoming treatment ^reiki^

Scooby has left you two very useful links for and I would recommend that you take a look at both of those links, particularly the unexplained IF section as you will certainly meet other ladies in the same boat! ;)

A few other links which will be useful;

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

I know it's not your first cycle, but these IVF threads are interesting
A rough guide to IVF
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/content/view/106/3/

IVF General CLICK HERE

That should keep you busy for a while but don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area

G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;) I found this really good to get the lowdown on local clinics, meet up with other couples, girls etc.

Wishing you all the best ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Please let me know how you get on! In the interim, if you need any help just shout and I will try my best to help you out ;D

Louj :-* :)

·
Premium Member
3,699 Posts
Hi Homegirl

Just to reassure you that loads of us are 'unexplained'. It's a mixed blessing as whilst it is reassuring to know there is nothing wrong, so-to-speak, it is hugely frustrating that there is nothing to treat either :-\ :-\

Good luck with your next cycle and let us know if you have any questions.

Take care
Blu

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Hi Homegirl

Welcome to FF, you've found a fantastic site.

I can't help with your 'unexplained' question but I'm sure you'll find some answers and lots of support in the links that have been left.

Good luck in your next treatment.

Take care

^hugme^ and x x x

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everso much!

I've been to the unexplained section now (I hadn't found that before) and hopefully I can get some advice from the ladies there.

Lots of luck to all,
Homegirl x

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Hi Homegirl & welcome!

It's no fun being 'unexplained' as I well know but there is always hope. If you talk to the ladies on here you'll get lots of helpful advice & tips to help you on your journey which will help.

Good luck ^reiki^

Gill
x

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Homegirl and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support.

Im sorry to hear of the failed treatments this cannot have been easy and like you say having unexplained infertility must be even more frustrating! I remember when me and my ex husband were told we both had problems etc that we actually felt relieved that there was an explanation as to why we couldnt conceive! There is a member on the Oxford thread and a friend of mine who has unexplained infertility and her first ICSI treatment failed but the second treatment worked and she has just given birth to a little girl. If you want to PM me i can PM you her name and im sure she wouldnt mind answering any questions you may have. Good luck with the IVF.

Kate xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts