Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
I am another newbie to all this. 

We have 'unexplained fertility' and are having IUI treatment at the moment.  In the first cycle I wasn't ovulating so this last second cycle I took clomid but I found out today that wasn't succesful.  I am so tired, very tear-y and sad... I feel like the Clomid has made me much more emotional too?  My DH has been really good but he just keeps talking in the positive about how next time it could work etc etc which kind of disregards the way I feel now.  I guess I should stop moping around and think more positively...  (tomorrow we are seeing friends with two young ones)

Is there anyone out there who can relate to this? 
Thanks in advance.

Fiona

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hiya Fiona
I am so sorry to hear your sad news :( I can relate to how your r feeling i have has 2 BFN with ICSI last one was in march...even now still feel very sad about it. FF is great you will get to speak with lots of other people in the same situation and get some really good advice.....I found FF about 2 weeks ago wish I had found it sooner. Sending you  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ and wish you loads of luck and hope you get a massive BFP soon.

Hayleigh xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi Fiona,

Sorry to hear you are having problem conceiving  :(  myself and Dh have also been put into the unexplained fertility group, I suspect they will try IUI with us next too.
Don't worry about feeling sad, tearful etc... happens to us all, it's perfectly understandable too.
The site is fantastic and you will get lots of information and advice from people that are going through the same emotions and tx as yourself.
Try to stay positive and I wish you all the luck in the world to get your BFP sometime soon  ^reiki^ ^pray^
xx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your kind words and welcome.  I guess what's nice is that because people are at different stages of their cycles and therefore in different moods we can offer positive advice to others when needed.  There's something exciting about that 'we could be pregnant feeling!' and I remember feeling really positive up until the first signs of the AF.  (I'm loving the abbreviations!).
Fingers crossed for you both too!  ^reiki^ ^hugme^
Fiona xx

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
Hi hun...men (some) are very blaze (er, can't spell the word) about the whole thing and just want to push on and on...my DH only got the message when I smashed a photo frame, started to vomit and then my doc put it to him straight that I needed a break coz it's harder on us than on them! This journey can be heartbreaking and aching but it WILL get us to our goal of being parents. I hope your journey is short and that we can all help you get through it with support, love, some tears, some laughs and a positive attitude. Good luck hun!

Kay xxx

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Fiona and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of support and advice.

Sorry to hear of your problems with trying for a baby and that it is unexplained infertility as think this is more frustrating than being told there is a problem with either partner. I havnt been on clomid but my friend have and it does have many side effects which im sure tiredness and feeling emotional is one of them! But suffering infertility is an emotional and stressful journey enough.

I think its hard for partners like your husband - he is trying to keep your spirits up but sometimes as a woman we have maternal instincts so its more natural for us to be more upset and thinking it may not work etc. You will recieve plenty of support from this site as everyone is either in the same boat as u or have been through the same.

I will leave you a couple of links that may help.

Unexplained infertility..........http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=111.0

IUI board................http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=7.0

Clomid board...........http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=34.0

What every new member needs to know.......http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=101841.0

Girl and boy talk (fun area)................http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=1.0

Wednesday's newbie night chat school......http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=85409.0

Kate xx

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hi Fiona

Welcome to FF hon, you have come to the right place for support, advice and friendship! I honestly think that FF has kept me sane at times, well almost ;D

Kate and saphy have left you some great links on here, these will point you in the right direction of others who are going through the same as you and totally get how you are feeling. I would recommend you pop onto these threads and meet the other members on there.

I can totally sympathise with how you are feeling on the dreaded clomid. It really is a very strange drug, I was very emotional on thisx Fingers crossed that it does work for you, how long are you taking it for, another 4 cycles? If it is any consolation any of the other fertility drugs I have taken during further fertility treatments have been alot easier to deal with and I think this is the same for lots of other ladies :-*

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;) Fiona, I've found this great to meet local ladies/couples who are also going through or have had fertility treatment. It's great to for friendship and advice, but fab to get a lowdown on local clinics and your options etc.

Sending you lots of ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^

If you have any other queries, whatsoever, please shout.

Louj x :)

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^ fiona
Nice to chat with you all be it briefly in chat tonight, Ive just found your intro post
^hugme^ I am sorry this cycle has not worked, and being unexplained makes it really har for you both, I hope that with the friends and support to be found here, the next cycle is the one ^reiki^
Take some time to get over the bitter disapointment of this try and do some nice things as a couple,

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask! [/color]
~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

~Dizzi~

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Fiona, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

Unexplained is so frustrating. I was dreadfully emotional on clomid. It really messes with you. Sorry you have had a negative so reccently. ^hugme^ I hope your next attempt brings you the BFP you deserve. ^reiki^

C~x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts