Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, im new to everything! 

Im just under 30 years of age! been TTC for over 2 years now but do have a 6 year old from a previous relationship.

Having my first consultation for ICSI in 2 months time. DP has had his SR and they are now frozen and waiting to be used.

We have to pay for our cycles as dont get funding due to my DS.  However, im quite happy to do so.

Im after any tips/advice so anything will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello donsbabe, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

Congrats on your little boy. i hope you will be able to give him a sibling very soon.

Here is a very good guide on what to expect while having IVF:

A Rough Guide To IVF ~ CLICK HERE

And here is another link to some ideas to get the best out of your eggs:

What can improve egg quality and quantity ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

And do check out our new member FAQ: What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

and also the ICSI boards: ICSI ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck and looking forward to seeing you posting and making friends. :)

C~x

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
  ^hello^ Donsbabe, welcome to FF u will get loads of support and advice from lots of people going through similar ex as yourself.  ^goodluck^ with ur 1st ICSI lets hope u get a big  ^BFP^

Hayleigh xxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Donsbabe ^hugme^
Caz has given you some great advice and links, be sure to check them out.
I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation.

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Donsbabe and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic place full of support and advice and you have been left some great links to try out.

I just wanted to wish you loads of luck with the ICSI and that it brings a positive result.

Kate xx

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Hi Donsbabe, just wanted to say hello and welcome to FF, I'm sure you'll get some fab advice on here :)

I too had secondary infertility after having 2 children (now 16 and 14) with no problems at all...I was TTCing 2 years before our little cherub Ben came along.  We too didn't qualify for funding because I already had the older 2 and we were about to embark on the adoption route when I finally got our long awaited BFP :)

I hope your ICSI is a resounding success ^reiki^

xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts