Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't realise that there were websites like this.
Well here goes. I'm 37 and my partner is 36. We have been trying for 5 years and in Feb 2002 we were told that his sample was 100% abnormal. I have an over active pituitary and slight tubular damage, so all in all things were looking grim. After 18 months of hell due to him being unable to accept diagnosis, we finally agreed to seek further help. We tried IUI twice at a local private practice, both failed within first week. We were referred to fertility clinic this Jan 04 and tried IUI with drugs in March - BFN. This hit us so we did not try again until Oct. Unbelievably we got a BFP on 4/11 only to find at 6 week scan that no heartbeat. Have to go for confirmation scan 24/11, then drugs to remove fetus. Feel totally bereft and don't know where to turn. Want to try again but am petrified of failure. Hadn't even considered IUI would work so we were ecstatic when it did. Did too much talking and thinking about future so hit the floor running after scan last week. Perhaps we're too old and should just give up before the grief and disappointment tears us apart.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hey Belle,

A warm welcome to FF!  So pleased you found us as you will get tons of support and advice here.

So sorry to hear of your m/c.

Please don't give up as there is always hope and at 37 you are not too old.  Take a look on our Goldies thread on the IVF board if you need inspiration!

Laine x

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Belle,
welcome to ff, this is a fantastic site i have made soo many friends in the last couple of months, its nice to speak to people who are going through the same things as you,i am so sorry about everything that has happend, the same has just happend to my step sister she goes back on Friday, talk about hanging in limbo.

take care and try not to get too stressed out
Charlotte ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hi Belle

Hang in there hun, and don't give up!!
Our situation sound sort of similar, 95% abnormal  ^sperm^ :(
We miraculously got pg earlier this yr, but sadly m/c.  It is really scarey to move forward and try again, but you must give another go.

We are currently having ICSI, which is good for problems with spermies, however, it is great that IUI has worked for you, it could def work again.

Good luck hun and as i said don't give up.  It is hard but you and DH have to support each other. and remember us FF are here to support you.

Love
Kelly
xxx ^fairydust^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts