Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

Our situation is that my DP has pituitary problems and has been on hormones for about 18 months now and at the last check in December we were encouraged by the presence of at least a few sperm (there were none to start with).  We've been ttp for about 6 years but serious illness got in the way for a while.  Im 33 and he is 37 so I feel as if time is slipping away.  Has anyone else had experience of this type of male infertility and have you any idea how long they are likely to keep prescribing the drugs?  We have a great GP but neither of us is so sure about the fertility doc.  He mentions things in the passing as if we should know what he is talking about but doesn't explain v well.  What is the next step if this doesn't work and should we be pushing for anything at this stage?
All advice welcome.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hello mrs cloudy

Sorry I cant give you any specific advice about the pituitary problems and how long they will treating it, but I'm sure there will be someone here who can advise you.  If you dont get any answers here, maybe you could try posting your message again in the male factor section of in the ask a nurse section.  Anyway, sorry I cant actually help, but I just wanted to let you know your not alone and to wish you the best of luck.  I hope that you get some answers and are able to move forwards.

All the best,
Love Olwen xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts