Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello! I read this site most days and have found it really informative,my DH and I have been ttc for nearly 5 years with no success at all, We,ve have 2 failed IUI cycles and are halfway through our 3rd. This is our last go with the NHS, and as the wait in our hospital  for IVF is 3-4 years!!! ( if this go is a negative)we will be going down the private route.I know I shouldn't be thinking about this yet but has anyone out there had problems asking for results etc from their NHS hospital to take to their private clinic\hospital? There`s no point in having investigations twice and the money would be better spent on actual treatment.

cheers k

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Kahew

:) Welcome to FF :)

Sorry I can't answer your questions but wanted to welcome you to the site and wish you lots of luck in your treatments. ^reiki^

Jennifer xx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
hi jennifer,

we were in the same situation as you - 3 iui's on the NHS then went private for IVF/ICSI.  The hospital accepted all the tests we'd already done but I guess it depends on which clinic you go to and what tests you've had done.  Ours basically said they wouldnt be able to find out anything new by re-doing the tests so we were able to start tx right away.  When you are looking for a clinic you could ask them what their policy is.  I think they generally accept NHS results, but some might want more recent ones if they are old.  I'm not too sure.

anyway best of luck with it.  and fingers crossed you get a bfp this time and wont need to go to a private clinic at all.

love Olwen xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Kahew
Can't answer your question specifically as I'm privately funding in an NHS hospital, but I do know that even the NHS wants to see new test results for some things such as FSH every six months. 
Other stuff like SA, aids, hepatitis etc I don't see why a private clinic wouldn't accept these.  If they insist, you could probably still avoid their extortionate costs by getting them done at a private medical centre yourself.  My acupuncturist recommends you do this - he says you can get your FSH result in an afternoon for a fraction of the cost.  I'm not sure where exactly though...

good luck,
Claire x

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
hi there,unfortunately you will have to have most tests done again when you go private.there is a time scale on how long your tests are valid for.we have just done private and to help with us we did eggshare.my doctor was excellant in the fact he did do alot of the bloods for us.the area you live in makes a differance aswell.good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
best of luck to you with the iui i have had 3 failed and just about to start ivf so fingers crossed for both os us.  I cant answer your question specifically but know even if you move from one private to another that you have to have tests again!

Best of luck

Datai

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to you all for your messages, much appreiciated. It's all a minefeild and if you don,t know the ins and outs its very daunting, thats whats great about this site. Thanks again and positive thoughts to you all.
cheers k

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hi Kahew

Welcome to ff hun goodluck with your treatment hun all crossed for you hope to chat soon

love always lillyxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts