Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi  :)

I have been lurking for a few weeks but finally plucked up the courage to join a couple of days ago. Infertility has changed me as a person. I had ICSI in 2007 as we were diagnosed with male factor. We were very lucky and blessed with a son in the December on our first attempt. I was desperate for another baby and could not believe it in the June 2009 when I conceived naturally, but sadly miscarried at 7 weeks and exactly the same thing happened again in the December. I had taken the view that if we were lucky to conceive naturally then great but I would not undertake anymore treatment, but to lose two babies I was gutted and could not help think there was something wrong.

Last March I embarked on the Naprotechnology programme which takes a more holistic approach and does not involve invasive procedures (on this programme they only accept married couples, and those who have no frozen embryos, also the women has to have at least one patent fallopian tube and the husband some sperm, apparently men with a count of 2 million have been able to conceive using this method) . All my bloods taken by my GP were normal except a clotting one which was very slightly out, and my husband's too.

More detailed blood analysis showed that my progesterone levels in my luteal phase were not as good as they should 20 and they like them to be 60-100. My oestrodiol levels have been ok and I have these taken every month while on medication. I had 3 positive pregnancy tests this year but all ended with bleeding within a day so I'm confused that were they very early miscarriages or was there some residual HCG in my blood as I have these injections to boost the corpus luteum? Anyway my doctor is treating them as early miscarriages.

So I am on clomid to help with progesterone levels and to produce a mature follicle. I am also on DHEA, low dose naltrexone and baby aspirin everyday (and folic acid too) and after identification of my peak day have HCG injections on days 3,5,7,and 9 and if a positive pregnancy test to take cyclogest pessaries until week 12 at least and HCG injections twice a week.

I feel that this is our best hope. We have been listened too. Everything that can be done is being done as far as we don't want ICSI again. I just wish that I had known about this before we did ICSI as I have learnt so much about my body, I do not feel like I am a number I am a person, and it would have been good to have tried this while waiting and feeling I was doing something proactive. Many couples succeed within a few months of the programme.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. We will probably give this until the end of the year and if not successful try to come to terms with not having a biological sibling for our son. But I know I am blessed and just so lucky to be able to offload my feelings on a site like this where people understand.

Is anyone else out there doing Naprotechnology? Would be great to share experiences.

Thanks for reading as a long post. :-[

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Hi Angel star and welcome to FF ^hugme^

Please have a good look around the site and feel free to post in any area, and make yourself at home. There are many who are on their TTC journey, and others who have been fortunate to have little ones with assistance. You will soon discover that our members are very encouraging of one another and offering advice or just simple hugs. There's a vast amount of information here for everyone, so start reading, posting and getting to know others. You will make some great friends too, lots of members often have meet ups locally too, for chats, coffee, shopping or even nights out! You can share conversations with one another freely, simply because we all understand each other. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what this journey entails and the emotions that go with it. That's where we come in!

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

DHEA board ~ Click Here

Male factors ~ CLICK HERE

Clomid ~ CLICK HERE

Investigations & Immunology ~ CLICK HERE

If you tap 'Naprotechnology' into the search bar at the top of the page, you will see over a dozen references to it, already discussed :)

Hoping for another miracle ~ CLICK HERE

Babydust - Parents place for chat and support ~ CLICK HERE

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Ceri xx

PS I have also sent you a pm (private message)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts