Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

Am due to start injections for icsi treatment on the 21st of May.  Getting nervous as really unsure of the process.  How often due you have scans once you start the injections?

Gab

·
Registered
83 Posts
HI Gab & welcome

I am on my 2ww after starting my first ICSI clycle.
I only had one scan during the process - which was to measure the size of the folicles.

However, this does seem to depend on how you are doing and which clinc you are at.  Some seem to be much more actively monitored (don't know which is best! -anything that works I guess!)

For me the whole process at the start seemed scary...but it was the thought of it all rather than the practice that was the most scary.  Have you got an autoinjector?
I used one to do my injections -which was easy.  I was also brave & injected into my tummy as apparently it hurts alot less there as there are fewer nerve endings.  It really didn't huty.  the msot annoying thing was the 15 mins it took to mix all the potions and lotions!!!!

best wishes
Bella

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bella,

Thanks for the info.  I will be going to the Priory in Birmingham, I hope it is only one scan, as working full time makes things a little difficult to get out to go and I don't really want to tell work what is going on.  Don't know about auto-injections, guess I will find out soon enough.

Just want to get things started.  Good luck hope you are successful first time.

Gail

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Gab

During my ICSIs I think I had 3 or 4 scans - one at the start, one a week later, then another one a couple of days later, and a fourth a couple of days after that, to check the size and number of the follicles, and the thickness of the endometrium. I think it depends how long it takes you to be ready.

As Bella said, it's different at different places. I also have difficulty working the treatment around work, so I try to find out as far in advance when the scans will be as it gives me longer to work out excuses! My clinic does scans very early in the morning, but I still end up being quite late. A couple of the excuses I've used are: picking up DH from the airport and having a carpet fitted / boiler serviced / washing machine fixed /meter read etc, anything where you might need to wait in for a morning - then I work late so I don't have to take any leave.

Wishing you luck and keep positive  :)

Beano

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.