Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I would be so grateful for any advice, I am sitting here and I dont really know what to do.

My 22 month old has always been a very good sleeper, he has always been put down and settled himself in his cot always, we have only really had any issues if he has been poorly.

But that has now all changed, as I speak he is in his cot screaming and banging, I just dont know what to do as we live in a semi detached house and my neighbours little girl sleeps in the bedroom next door.

This has now gone on for 3 weeks, he wont go to bed and if and when he eventually does he is awake again at 1am and it starts all over again, I am at my wits end and dont know how to resolve this one. 
I also have a 4 month old baby and they are just constantly waking each other up now.

I would be grateful for any advice,

Thank you

isobella

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Isobella - that sounds like a complete nightmare!  Do you think it is anything to do with the baby?  Or can you think of anything else that might have started him waking in the night?  I wonder if he is feeling a bit insecure because of the baby and so doesn't want to be left in his room.  Sounds like he is surfacing during a sleep cycle and instead of just going off again, he is remembering that he didn't want to go to bed in the first place so he screams the house down.

My dd had terrible problems sleeping, and didn't sleep through the night until 15 months.  She was similar to your son, didn't want to settle, then waking in the night and screaming (I was also worried about disturbing the neighbours).  Eventually solved it by doing 'gradual retreat', sit by his cot and soothe him while he settles, only leave when he is fast asleep.  Move a little closer to the door every few nights until you can just walk out.  When I did this with dd it took about a month before I could just walk out of the room at bedtime, but her night waking once settled more or less stopped after just 3 or 4 nights.

Some1

xx

·
Registered
118 Posts
sending you lots of hugs ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^
Having sleep problems is a complete nightmare.

Could he be overtired? Is he having a sleep through the day. If my DS doesn't sleep through the day then he wakes through the night.
Would a slightly earlier bedtime help? If he goes to bed overtired, maybe he falls into a deep slepp immediatley, then wakes when the sleep cycle changes. A slightly earlier bedtime may stop him getting overtired.

Hope things changes for you soon??

xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts