Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm really looking for some reassurance after my 8 week scan yesterday.

At my 6 week scan a lovely heartbeat was seen and their was also another sac that was much smaller I was advised that this other sack will either absorb or I will have a bleed.  I have been through this before with my previous pregnancy and I did have a bleed at 7 weeks (very dejavue) but the other sac did eventually disappear and I went on to have a beautiful little boy.

Anyway during yesterday scan the other sac is still very visable again they advised I will either bleed or it will be absorbed but this time we asked if I did bleed would it cause any problems with the baby and they said that yes it could induce a miscarrage. 

I really wish now we hadn't asked this question (we didn't ask last time which I think was down to us being naive).  The baby is perfect (correct size, heartbeat etc etc) and this time I have very bad nausea (almost 24hrs a day) which I didn't in my last pregnancy. 

They have now discharged me however they have recommended that I make an appointment at the EPAC to have another scan in 2 weeks time.

I would really love to hear from others who have been though this the outcomes they experienced (good & bad)

Love a very worried
Tracy xx

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Tracy,

A day before my 6 week scan I had a large bleed and thought all was lost.  The scan showed one sac with heartbeat and another without.  A few days later I had more heavy bleeding and another scan still showed the two sacs.  I had bleeding (much lighter) for the next few weeks but the sac with the heartbeat carried on, thankfully.  I was advised to take it very easy and I pretty much stayed at home for a few weeks as I was worried that the second sac would be affected - it was never really made clear to me how much of a risk I was facing and I guess ignorance is bliss in these situations as no doctor would be able to tell you categorically what might happen.

Anyhow the sac eventually disappeared and the remaining one continues with me  :)  I heard many other stories of people having second sacs that were absorbed with no bleeding whatsoever.

Take heart that all is well with the second embryo. 

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy

Sue

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
hey, i had the same ,started of with twins then had lost one early on, i was also told that its possible you may lose the remaining twin,i was fine (but pooping it )
and my preg continued normally,good luck sweetie xxxxx

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
♥emmyloupink♥ said:
hey, i had the same ,started of with twins then had lost one early on, i was also told that its possible you may lose the remaining twin,i was fine (but pooping it )
and my preg continued normally,good luck sweetie xxxxx
Same here, had a little bit of pink discharge at 8 weeks, but then nothing else.
Good luck hun x

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Hiya

I am hoping I can put your mind at rest a little. At our 7 week 2 day scan we had 2 lovely little heartbeats and both good sized sacs, at our 10 week 2 day scan we found out that one of the heartbeats had stopped. I was told I might have a bleed (and if I did they would scan me again to keep an eye on me) or my body would absorb it, when I asked if it would effect the other baby they reassured me that it would in no way effect the other baby, I was still worried and the next weeks until my next scan (that turned out to be at 15 weeks because they messed up my paperwork) we really tough going, I did not bleed and found out at my 15 week scan the the other sac hard grown to the size of 13 weeks with the little bean still inside  :'( I had to see a consultant that reassured me that again there is no reason why it would effect the other baby and wait and see what was going on at my 20 week scan. I had that last week and the other sac is now measuring 6 weeks, and that the other baby is doing fantastic.

It is hard, such a mixture of emotions but I am sure your other baby is fine and none the wiser as to what has happened and will continue to grow big and strong.

Take care hun xxx

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi ladies

Thank you so much for your replys I feel so much better now (still got that niggling worry at the back of my mind though IYKWIM)

To be honest the lady who did the 1st scan didn't really seem to overally concerned however the lady who did the scan this week didn't fill us with confidence at all she was really doom & gloom.

I know its still really early days but I am so praying nothing goes wrong

Love to all
Tracy xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts