Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just found out that my brothers girlfriend is pregnant! It's great because it's my brother and I'm happy for him (although they've only been together a year) not sure it was planned but hey! The problem is she's 7 weeks, I am 5 1/2 and obviously we haven't told anyone yet but I am now paranoid that if everything goes wrong for me I won't be able to cope with seeing her and her bump for the next 7 months. About 2 years ago my DH's sister was pregnant at the same time as me which was wonderful but I had a m/c and only just about coped, after everything I've been through I really am driving myself mad with worry, I will probably drive myself to a m/c just by worrying about one  ^idiot^
Please please please someone offer me up words of wisdom and slap me around the face or something!!
I was just about hanging on to a small level of positivity before but now it's just gone out the window.  :(

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

Congrats on your ^BFP^

I would try not to worry and just enjoy each day of your pregnancy.  It must be really hard knowing that you have been there before.

x x x x x

·
Registered
259 Posts
Oh LoopyLu
I completely understand your anxiety. Thats a shocker huh. What bad timing. The reality is that you cannot predict what will happen with either your, or your bros girlfriend's pregnancy. You can only take each day one at a time, and try to remember that in this crazy tx world where everything seems out of our control, the one thing that you can control is your own positivity.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Other pregnant women that we know and love (or sometimes despise  ;D) will come and go as we go through this rollercoaster of emotions. The only thing that matters is you, your lovely DH and your little ones. Your experiences before will not have been for nothing - thy have made you a stronger and more resilient person. Other peoples pregnancies will come and go - the only thing that matters is yours. Please try to stop thinking about others. Put that energy into finding lovely things on the internet for babys room, or choosing a name, or just having some "me" time (as I understand it, you will miss it when that little one comes along! Read that book now while you still can  ;D ) xxx
PS After my recent experiences, I have read up quite a lot on miscarriages, and nowhere did I see that you can worry yourself into one so you can tick that off your list of things to worry about!

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Oh honey, this is REALLY bad timing BUT please do all you can to enjoy every day your pregnant - I went through my first pregnancy in total turmoil and never really enjoyed it through worry don't do this to yourself you'll regret it I promise.... celebrate each day as another milestone... we're all here for you....  ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

Congrats on your BFP.  I understand your anxiety - i have worried all the way through my pg and still am worrying just as much as ever.  I think some of the other girls have given fab advice (I will try to follow Bevs myself!).  try and see each day as a positive step and take one day at a time.

Tracy xxx

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your kind words. I will definately try to stop thinking about others and enjoying my own experience. It's just so hard to enjoy something and really relish in the whole experience when in a heartbeat it can all be taken away from you. What will be will be I suppose.
Sound words of wisdom from you all............

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi

I can totally understand how you feel ^hugme^,when I was about 20wks pg my step daughters mother got pg and I thought exactly the same what if I MC and then she has a baby :'(, I thought I wouldnt be able to cope as it always was everyone else being pg and having babies and not me and even when I was pg I never believed it would happen even when I was the size of a whale LOL I just wouldnt believe it until they were in my arms

But as other people say It does ruin your pg the worry so try not to but I know thats easier said than done ^hugme^ ^hugme^, its just so hard when you have been through a painful long journey ^hugme^

BUT mirricales DO happen as I always thought I would be childless in my heart and now I am a mother of 9mth old twins :) so hang in there  ^hugme^

God Bless
Sarah

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems that all my worst fears came true. I started bleeding monday night and went for a scan yesterday to find no baby  :'(
Life is so unfair..............

Thank you for all your kind words and good luck to everybody that has received their longed for BFP, I hope with all my heart that every single one of you has a smooth and successfull pregnancy.
I will try again although I feel my heart and mind can't take any more hurt and hopefully I will return to this section to be paranoid all over again.  ^idiot^

X

·
Registered
604 Posts
Oh Looplu   ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

I am so sorry to read this , life is so unfair. Take care of yourself and DH at this sad time,

Dahlia x

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I am so sorry hun please take care ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Rachelxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
247 Posts
Oh hun im so sorry to hear this

Sending you gentle hugs  ^Cuddle^ and take care of yourself

xxxxxxxx