Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone fancy meeting up, I have been lurking on the sites looking out for someone to suggest it but as no one as I thought I would take the plunge. I live in London and work in Westminster but could meet anywhere in London. I don't know about anyone else but I could rellay do with having a cup of coffeee (or wine) and chat with people who understand the issues facing those of us who are considering donor eggs/ sperm. I feel quite isolated at the moment. Is anyone interested perhaps sometime in June? Perhaps a  week day evenning?

Rusty

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Hi Rusty

I live in SW london and would love to have a meet up, we're on our 3rd de cycle in July-would be lovely to meet up after work somewhere mutually viable, anyone else interested?

Larkles

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Anyone else interested in meeting up. This whole journey is so isolating so I would realy like to catch up with others going through the same thing.

Larkles I hope things work out for you in August, i HOPE THINGS WORK OUT FOR YOU IN aUGUSTis wish you lots of sucess for sucess with your Can we rustle up any more interest.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry everyone I must of pressed a wrong button somewhere and my reply went before I had finished writing it. I think I have got across what I was trying to say even though its a bit jumbled.

So is anyone else keen to meet up, we could do week day evenning after work, share some experiences. I just find it so dificult to discuss with any of my close friends who have all had or due to have babies.

Rusty

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hi Rusty

I'd be interested in meeting up.

I can do evenings as well - however not Fridays as I work.

odette :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi, i'd like to meet up.  most days/evenings good for me. 

- jackie.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello

Larkles and I decided to set a date as we thought we were the only ones interested but it would be great if there were more of us. We have arranged to meet outside the Apollo theatre (currently showing Wicked) in Victoria near the station at 5.45-6 and plan to go for a drink somewhere near by. I will have a look and name the bar that we will go to so people could join us at a later point if that time is too early.

If that date is too soon for everyone Larkles and I can meet and I am happy to look at another date later in the month. As I said it will just be nice to meet up with people who understand how this whole thing feels.

Rusty

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi Rusty

I'm a London girl too and would be interested in meeting up but it may be tricky as I do work long hours in the city. 

It would be great to meet up with some fellow wrinklies too! I have friends facing similar issues but none with their clock ticking quite as loudly as mine is.  :eek: ;D

Anyway, please let me know the date you've decided if you don't mind me potentially joining you!

Cheers!

G xx

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Hi G

Me and Rusty are meeting up tomorrow between 5.30pm-6pm nearby to Victoria tube if you can make it, I will check tomorrow if you want more details

Larkles
x

·
Registered
7 Posts
didn't realise it was tomorrow... but i would love to come along too and think i can make it.

so just to confirm that's Friday yeah? shall i pm my mobile/urs to me for rendezvous or just put details here?

cheers,
:)
Jackie

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Jackie

It's today Thursday

Larkles
x

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi

Thanks Larkles.  I'm working from home today and have an off-site tomorrow so won't be able to make it in.  :(

Maybe next time?

Hope you have a lovely time.  I'm sure you will!

G x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh can't make today -- have a good one and i look forward to the next xj

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello Everyone

A couple of us met up last night and it was lovely to share experiences and have a drink and a chat. I know a few more people were interested but could not make it at late notice. Shall we try and organise a date for late July well in advance so we can all put it in our diaries?

Rusty

·
Registered
7 Posts
ooh, i'm visiting family in new york from 11-27 July... don't know if that's when u were thinking of.  either way, i'll meet up with y'all sometime i hope

xj.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi

I am happy to look at early August if that suits everyone else

Rusty

·
Registered
7 Posts
suits me  :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hello Ladies

Sounds good to me.  :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi

I can do any night Monday to Thursday. Any preferences?

Rusty

·
Registered
7 Posts
i'm easy  ;D

1 - 20 of 95 Posts