Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like the nightmare never ends - test day today - and it was positive. But my clinic have said that. although i am pg, it might not progress as my HCG level is only 59. I asked the nurse over the phone how likely it was to progress- she gave me a 50/50 chance (but stressed that it was just a guess). Anyone had the same thing? Does that probablity sound right?
Am going insane.
Jola

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
;D Congratulations ;D ^hugme^

Try not to worry about your levels too much, I'm sure that I've seen that some people have had levels as low as 16 and still gone on to have a healthy pregnancy.

There is a whole thread for hgc levels, it may help put your mind at rest

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=115965.0

Good luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Hi

I have a friend who is going through similer at the moment :(  Just having a look through for some hope for her.

I really hope your levels double too Hun.

T xx

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
oh i don't think they should have said that to you  ^bigbad^, i never had levels done but sometimes i think they cause more worry than good.  I know ther is a girl on our twins thread whose first levels was 79 and that was from 2 babies, similarly i have seen ladies have a first level of 300 and only have one baby.  The levels are so varied - so long as it double in 2-3 days that is the main thing.  ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi Jola,
Hope I can give you a little hope  :)  I had a blood test on test day (14 days after ec) and my results came back at only 16.  I did a post on this thread but Im not sure how to do one of those link things  ^idiot^  Anyway, we went for a scan on Tuesday where they showed me a sac with a heartbeat and what looks like a baby (although Im sure they arent called baby's at this early stage  ;D ) so although it is early days for us things are looking good so far.
I really hope and  ^pray^ that you get the same outcome - your levels are a lot higher than mine!  I was told that anything over 50 they class as a positive.
Take care and loads and loads of  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^
Helly
xxx

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi Jola,

Try and stay positive because a BFP is certainly better than a BFN. I had a hcg of 33 12days pt and was told not to expect much it could go either way just as you and had to go for the test again 2 days later. Thankfully it had more than doubled to 78 which they were happy with and said it must have been a slow implanter. Now I am nearly 30 weeks  :) Take care and think  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Are you going back for a repeat test? Good luck  ^fairydust^

Love Hannah xxx

oooh just remembered that my clinic told me they were looking for a result of 50 or above at 12days pt, and you are above that!! But I am not sure what day you are on post transfer?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Hi I had my hcg levels done last Thurs which was my test date they came back at 222

A week later they are still the same  ^eyes^

Is it all over, anyone else had this happen, if so what was the outcome?

Debs x

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

Our clinic said that they class anhything over 50 as a positive, but have know levels of 20 beng a successful pregnancy.  Let us know how you get on hun, and hopefully your levels will double.  Take care,

Tracy xxx

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

222 is a strong level from what i know.  Has it decreased at all?  What have your clinic said?

Tracy  xxx

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Hi Tracy

they have not dropped but stayed exactly the same.

My clinic is abroad, so I am waiting an email response - the clinic in the UK where I had my blood test done yesterday did not comment and I am booked in for another blood test next thurs.

Deb

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Hi Deb
Recognised you from the other thread .
Unfortunately I know nothing about this at all but just wanted to give you big  ^hugme^ and hope its all Ok.

BoBo

·
Registered
644 Posts
hello there

hcg levels should double roughly every 48 hrs for a viable pregnancy, i had the nightmare of all this back in oct i know its a worry. i have added a link for a hcg calculator(hope it works its my first added link)

wish you all the luck.. keepinghope xx

http://www.justmommies.com/pregnancy/hcgcalculator.shtml

/links

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all for your links and reassurances.  having looked into it more, it does seem that thre can be a lot of variation. But it still does seem that my levels are low. But its a good sign that they have not told me to come back in and retest i think - I just have to stay sane for three weeks!  ^idiot^ Am like a cat on a hot tin roof...Lucky dh.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
id just like to say my levels were 76 at 11dp3dt so on day 14 and im carrying twins.everyones levels are different.

hayley

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Thanks for the link, but as the results are both the same it does not display anything.

Cr*p ain't it! - I am just waiting for my doc to say stop meds and wait for the inevitable to happen!

Debs

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Deb - I'm so sorry - what a nightmare. My fingers and toes are crossed for you.

Jola

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
And for you hun  ^pray^ for us both!

10th April = 222
17th April = 222

I am hoping that it's a lab error, but I doubt it....

I do think it's odd that it has not even gone up or down at all though!

Deb

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
your sure they didnt give you your first result back instead of your second?? ^idiot^ maybe the second hadnt come back and they gave you your first in errror ^idiot^

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.