Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all this might sound like a silly post but its my first ivf and im d/regging  at the moment woke up with a cold today really bad one im acheing all over am i allowed to take lempsip and calpol

Kerry

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Sorry, no idea!  Has Lemsip got caffeine in it?

Try hot squash with honey (not quite in the same league as drugs, I know but might help a tiny bit!!)

Jess xxx

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi,
I'm not an expert but I would avoid lemsip because I think it has a stimulant drug in it - ephedrine or something like that.  You are ok to take paracetamol though.  Hot lemon and honey drinks are great for a cold.

Hope you're feeling better soon
Fitou

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Hiya firstly shouldnt take lemsip and calpol together as both contains paracetamol - whether having tx or not

safest thing to take is paracetamol just on its own as though you are preggers - honey and lemon as the girls above has said is fine for a sore throat

becareful with lozengers too - try ordinary cherry drops or barley sugar sweets instead

get well soon

Mini xx

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Mini

i did actually mean seperatly  i find it hard to swallow tablets and thats why i said calpol

thanks for your message

Kerry xxx

·
Registered
792 Posts
I just spoke to my gynae today as I also have a bad cough and cold, wanted to know if it would affect the drugs I am taking (puregone).  I was told it was ok, it is after ET that they worry about what you take.

Anne, X

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hello
A question also on a similar thread. Can you take asprin for headaches due to downregulating, I have taken some now I am worried. What painkillers should you take or avoid

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi ANNE and sandee

i rang my clinic this morning as the aches of this cold was just getting to much for me they told me that i was ok to take paracetomal  but nothing else i explained i couldnt take tablets and they said i can take my calpol thank god

Kerry xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.