Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Hope I'm putting this question in the right place.  I got my first ever BFP on Thursday, and am now left wondering whether I should continue with all the supplements I was taking on my 2ww.

I have been taking baby aspirin and Flaxseed Oil every day up until now, but am wondering if I should stop those and just stick with the Pregnacare multivitamin.

There seems to be conflicting advice for both of these products when I look on the internet, and my clinic said with the aspirin that it did increase bloodflow, but whether I took it was up to me.

What is everyone else doing? :-\

Thanks
Liddy x

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
My clinic told me to take baby aspirin till 12 weeks, along with folic and I had oestrogen too.

Maybe ask your consultant?

xx

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
My first clinic prescribed baby aspirin until the placenta takes over (12-13w) but my most recent clinic didnt have you on it at all.  I would check with your clinic or gp to see what they suggest.

I took pregnacare and also the vegetarian version of omega oils.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm still taking the low dose aspirin at 29 weeks.
I had two previous miscarriages and my consultant said it couldn't hurt. low-dose aspirin has also been shown to help prevent pre-eclampsia.
I'm no longer under his care so not sure when to stop but i've heard around 30 weeks and before 36. my gp and midwife didn't know anything about it so couldn't advise. (thanks!)

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

I stopped taking my vitamins when I got my ^BFP^ and just carried on with Santagoen ProNatal. 

Has your clinic got an opinion on what you should do ???

x x x x

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hi,

Well done & Congratulations on your BFP ;D

My clinic advised me to continue until week 10 ??? ??? Hope you can get a definitive answer from your clinic ^hugme^

Mummy P xx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your replies.

I guess it's another one of those areas where the professionals don't agree! ::)

I'm getting the impression that it can do no harm, and if I had suffered a previous miscarriage they would suggest I take it. 

In the absence of my clinic giving me more of a steer, I think I might take it.  Maybe I'll split the difference and take half a baby aspirin a day.

Thanks

Liddy x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts