Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been told last week that i have endo and i will need to have IVF to conceive. Does anybody know how much this costs and what the waitting times are on the NHS. I live in Huddersfield but go to hospital in Halifax?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi Laura

Cost is about 2,600 for the cycle and around 700-1300 for the drugs - depending on what your dosage will be.  I don't really know about waiting time as because I'm an old dear I was fast-tracked (Registered in May 07 for May 09 and it's been brought forward to June 08).

Cost also goes up every year I think.  There was a Calderdale and Huddersfield thread on here but it seems to have died a death a bit.  Anything I can help you with let me know.

Best of luck,

Mrsaligee
x

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
over 3k is a lot of money but 2 years is a long time aswell.

if you don't mind me asking why is it that you can't conceive? I am really confused by it all because the surgeon told me when i had just come round from the antistatic that there was no chance and IVf was the only option. I have yet to see the consultant Dr Debono. The picture i saw the tissue on my tubes was a normal pink colour they just looked swollen up. Is it part of Endo to swell up down there? Also I still haven't come on my period do you know if this is normal after a lap?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi Laura
Sorry to hear that you have endo, a friend of mine has it - it blocked one of her tubes but she went on clomid and conceived within the second month of trying.  She knows she was very lucky to have conceived though.

I've not had a lap so can't comment on that.

I'm designated "unexplained" but have issues with my FSH and also womb lining.  I've pretty much accepted that at my age it isn't going to happen for me and am just going for a third cycle because it is free this time. 

Hope you get some answers from Mr DeBono.

Mrsaligee
x

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Thanks for responding it's just a waiting game i think for all of us on here everythings takes so long. It seems ages since the lap can't wait to see debono now not long to go though.
I hope everything works out his time 3rd time lucy any all that. Do you think you would adopt or foster?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi
In answer to your question, I always thought I would adopt when i started out on all of this.  DH doesn't want to adopt, but then I asked him that a very long time ago.  I'll probably ask him again if things don't work out with this third cycle, but now I'm less keen on the whole thing now!!!

Good luck with your tx.

Mrsaligee
xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts